Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
StrFerrari4Ever

Re: Ferrari F60

Exactly Kimi's been handling that F60 incredibly well recently and we haven't given him the credit he really deserves so here's to you MR Raikkonen =D>

Confused_Andy

The car was a dog at the start of the season and to be fair there hasnt really been a raft of updates so the car obviouslly still isnt very easy to drive as they are concentrating on 2010. Kimi must be working his ass off behind the wheel, or working a lot harder than the rest of the drivers atm.

noname

astracrazy wrote:the F60 must be alot harder to drive than what we think? Perhaps we are not giving Kimi enough credit for his recent form
I think it was press conference after Spa when Kimi said F60 is handling really well, and gives him a lot of confidence. it lacks downforce and thus speed but is nice to drive.

I would rather point on Kimi's experience with the car as the reason of difference between 3rd and 14th position on the grid.

apart from the fact Kimi is just better driver than Fisico, and one of the very few who can be fast in not the very fast car. 2006 season was a best example of his skills, seems like he did not forgot that.

vasia

astracrazy wrote:the F60 must be alot harder to drive than what we think? Perhaps we are not giving Kimi enough credit for his recent form
People never give Kimi enough credit, just because he does not have a "likable" personality, and because he does not say the sort of fabricated comments that the media and society expect him to say.

ringo

I would say Kimi is more used to the car, he has had for a whole season, knows the weakness and the strengths and is more in tune with it.
It may well be easy to drive, it's just not easy for fisi to drive coming from the FI. Kimi might have the same problem stepping down into a FI.
I think fisi has the potential to be able to come close to kimi in the ferrari after a few miles in the seat.
However i am starting to feel the impact of Massa's absence, he would have racked up a whole lot of points up to now. The kimi Masa partnership was the best on the grid, neither was clearly better than the other.
For Sure!!

di44ety

Terrible3

StrFerrari4Ever wrote:Exactly Kimi's been handling that F60 incredibly well recently and we haven't given him the credit he really deserves so here's to you MR Raikkonen =D>
I think Kimi's recent motivation boils down to the fact that a podium finish means free booze. jk

None the less Giancarlo Fisichella's pace can not be compared to Kimi, as the F60 is a completely different beast than his FI. Having to adapt to a new car, wheel and KERS is not an easy feat. That being said Kimi has driven brilliantly the last two (or more) races.

Shrek

di44ety wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWMe9yW5iU[/youtube]
i thought the more piston contact on the brake pads the better braking?(It would also kind of help if it could be heard in english or i can understand Italian
Spencer

ss.vamsikrishna

Kimi is a genius, we need not say that...to the people and media who dont give him much credit...i just cannot think of reasons ,why are you **** blind :wtf:
he is putting a ketchup slow car F60 to podium so many times is really amazing... =D>
I dont think Mr Alonso can do that!!!!If you are thinking he can do this ..you are wrong [-X

raceman

ss.vamsikrishna wrote:Kimi is a genius, we need not say that...to the people and media who dont give him much credit...i just cannot think of reasons ,why are you **** blind :wtf:
he is putting a ketchup slow car F60 to podium so many times is really amazing... =D>
I dont think Mr Alonso can do that!!!!If you are thinking he can do this ..you are wrong [-X

you are mistaking in judging..... you think Alonso cannot do that; well, I think he surely can. I wonder what made you think of that! :roll:
R29 is an awful weird car to drive and he is giving some good results with it; F60 is far better than R29; why can't he do a good job with it then? Alonso has raced two championships fending Schumacher, he knows how to handle "ANY" car.

well, let us see if he goes to Ferrari next year and if he doesn't shine, then I will say you are right - not until then.! 8)

F1-engineer

raceman wrote:
ss.vamsikrishna wrote:Kimi is a genius, we need not say that...to the people and media who dont give him much credit...i just cannot think of reasons ,why are you **** blind :wtf:

you are mistaking in judging..... you think Alonso cannot do that; well, I think he surely can. I wonder what made you think of that! :roll:
R29 is an awful weird car to drive and he is giving some good results with it; F60 is far better than R29; why can't he do a good job with it then? Alonso has raced two championships fending Schumacher, he knows how to handle "ANY" car.

well, let us see if he goes to Ferrari next year and if he doesn't shine, then I will say you are right - not until then.! 8)
You are also mistaking some points - like Ferrari will renew their aerodynamics concept for next season and therefore it's impossible to compare new car with cars of past years. Fernando and Kimi have very different driving styles too. Fernando seems to turn more and had big advantage from Renault's advanced slippery control system in early days. McLaren didn't have same level control on those days loosing starts with with their incompetitive electronics. Anyway McLaren engineers commented recently that they are still wondering how Kimi was able to repeat lap after lap similar way in telemetrics. Put a coin to track and he is driving over it every lap.

Also when comparing Massa and Kimi you have to take consideration that despite of one race since 2007 Kimi has always had heavier car than Massa. Kimi has also pointed out in some comments that he cannot reach the right tyre temperature during qualifying laps resulting understeering with aerodynamics package they have. He has mentioned same aerodynamics issue also when he has been frustrated from passing possibilities in wing in others back situation. Car tends to fly straight in corners during passing.

It's also unfair to compare Fisico's lap times to Kimi's because Fisi has just started in Ferrari. Kimi and Felipe have 2 and 3 years of experience in Ferrari compared to Fisico's 2 weeks.

As summary Massa, Fernando and Kimi are all very fast drivers like all drivers in F1, but results don't always reflect how successful race it has been for any of these drivers.

Lookup75

After all the bad press around Alonso will Ferrari want him?

NO one from ferrari has confirmed that Ferrari even have a contract with Alonso?

Confused_Andy

Alonso isnt going to Ferrari, theres no proof to say he aint, but theres no proof to say he is... People with big imaginations again.

Scotracer

Confused_Andy wrote:Alonso isnt going to Ferrari, theres no proof to say he aint, but theres no proof to say he is... People with big imaginations again.
So what you've done is make a positive claim and then say there's no evidence either way. Logic or what...:D ;)
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

PNSD

Before this whole Renault saga a part of me was convinced Alonso would stay another year there. However the latest happenings, and a chance of Renault now calling it a day without their team-boss and technical/strategic guru I sense that just might be it for Alonso and Renault. I think crash-gate pretty much signed Alonso's name on a Ferrari contract, even if he had not yet done so :wink: