Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Confused_Andy

Re: Ferrari F60

Scotracer wrote:
Confused_Andy wrote:Alonso isnt going to Ferrari, theres no proof to say he aint, but theres no proof to say he is... People with big imaginations again.
So what you've done is make a positive claim and then say there's no evidence either way. Logic or what...:D ;)
People make a living doing what I just did... :lol:

Lookup75

PNSD wrote:Before this whole Renault saga a part of me was convinced Alonso would stay another year there. However the latest happenings, and a chance of Renault now calling it a day without their team-boss and technical/strategic guru I sense that just might be it for Alonso and Renault. I think crash-gate pretty much signed Alonso's name on a Ferrari contract, even if he had not yet done so :wink:
That goes back to my last question will Ferrari want Alonso if he needs to cheat to win?

Miguel

Lookup75 wrote:That goes back to my last question will Ferrari want Alonso if he needs to cheat to win?
Counterexample: Ferrari hired Schumacher after all the Benneton 1994 scandal and they didn't fire him after the Jerez 1997 incident.

I'd like to point out that many of the stuff in 1994 was not proven and that Schumacher indeed needn't be aware of other stuff happening inside the factory. Or is the cleaning lady at Paragon also guilty of industrial espionage against Ferrari?

I don't even need to disprove your hypothesis to trash your argument. Please note that your hypothesis (Alonso needs to cheat in order to win) requires proof that cheats were involved in all 21 of Alonso's wins.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

CMSMJ1

SO...what about the F60 then? A nice car eh? :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

zgred

Lookup75

zgred wrote:Image
great photo!

mx_tifoso

Japan

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

di44ety

mx_tifoso

The second video is spectacular. Thanks for sharing. One of the best you've posted so far.

Too bad my Italian isn't as good as I'd like it to be. I'm technically a beginner :lol: , although I understand a lot, especially when someone like Smedley speaks because he is slower than a normal Italian (although I have my trusty italian-english dictionary bookmarked).

I had no idea he spoke Italian though, impressive.

As for the F60, it's sad to see it go. It was one of the most beautiful '09 cars even though it wasn't a normal race winning machine.

James

The second video is epic! can anybody explain how the combination of the dial and lever are used to control brake balance? Thanks

mx_tifoso

The lever is used to specify which 'axle' you want to focus on, and the dial is used to actually change the settings for the brake balance.

So you can change the front or rear independent of each other, or both at the same time by leaving the lever in the center position.

Jersey Tom

mx_tifosi wrote:The lever is used to specify which 'axle' you want to focus on, and the dial is used to actually change the settings for the brake balance.

So you can change the front or rear independent of each other, or both at the same time by leaving the lever in the center position.
That doesn't make sense though. Brake balance is by nature a relative measure. Now granted, il mio italiano non e' il meglio... but I interpret it as follows:

Turning the knob works like it would in a normal racecar, and moves the brake balance front or rear. However, given that you need to make small balance changes around the lap for high- or low-speed entry, having to rotate the knob around is a pain in the ass. Particularly hard to get it back exactly where you started. The lever makes tiny adjustments based on the 'global' balance (set by the knob), you can throw the lever forward or back.

So for example, center position - global setting (from knob).

Forward position - Global setting + 1% front

Rear position - Global settign + 1% rear.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

mx_tifoso

Grazie per la spiegazioni Tom.

Ora intendo migliori.

James

Thanks chaps (in an Italian accent)

ringo

Jersey Tom wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:The lever is used to specify which 'axle' you want to focus on, and the dial is used to actually change the settings for the brake balance.

That doesn't make sense though. Brake balance is by nature a relative measure. Now granted, il mio italiano non e' il meglio... but I interpret it as follows:

Turning the knob works like it would in a normal racecar, and moves the brake balance front or rear. However, given that you need to make small balance changes around the lap for high- or low-speed entry, having to rotate the knob around is a pain in the ass. Particularly hard to get it back exactly where you started. The lever makes tiny adjustments based on the 'global' balance (set by the knob), you can throw the lever forward or back.

So for example, center position - global setting (from knob).

Forward position - Global setting + 1% front

Rear position - Global settign + 1% rear.
Well i don't speak Italian i know a little spanish, but i think the knob on the steering was for the flap angle adjustment. When you want to move the flap to you angle setting then you push the button. I could be very wrong.
If anything it was the brake balance dial as you say. The dial could move the balance in increments of 5% and the lever could move it in bigger increments of 10%, just using these numbers to illustrate. So i kind of have a similar idea to yours. But why are the drivers always pumping at it so often?
For Sure!!