Williams FW31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
roost89

Re: Williams FW31

tomazy wrote:New front wing for williams:

http://premium.f1-live.com/f1/photos-hi ... po_152.jpg
Nice find, the BBC got Sam Michael to give them a "tour" of it. It's gone from 3 planes to 5 and now has a split end-plate.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

vasia

Nice design.

Callum

roost89 wrote:

Nice find, the BBC got Sam Michael to give them a "tour" of it. It's gone from 3 planes to 5 and now has a split end-plate.
He also said that it helped to deflect the air round the tyre better.

ISLAMATRON

zgred

ISLAMATRON

it actually looks like it adjusts both main flaps

ISLAMATRON

did the under nose tray always intersect the front wing pylons?

FGD
FGD

zgred wrote:Image

So this is the result of the FIA cost-cutting measures? A beautiful bit of engineering located in the most vulnerable part of the car. Brilliant.

Now I understand why Ross Brawn described F1 engineers as watchmakers and explains why I never wear my best watches.

ringo

Looks like the planes can move relative to each other, having all those mechanisms.
For Sure!!

Francesc

Hi, I'm new here .:)

Williams introduced at Silverstone smaller sidepod inlets and new bargeboards:

Henning

Williams front wing adjustment mechanism looks so much more complicated than the photos from other teams we've seen. I wonder if they've overcomplicated it or whether it's genius...

pjobmathew

Nico Rosberg's been doing fine but Nakajima has sucked all through(Zero points). Do you think that Nakajima needs to be shown the door at the end of the season ?????

PNSD

Nico is current best of the rest, ie behind only the RBR's and Brawn's.

His season has been fantastic and he has one of the best drivers so far.

I was supprised to hear Williams say they are going to fight for the 5th place in WCC. I supprised because in my head I had them automatically 4th or even 3rd!! I had only considered Nico's results, and against Ferrari/Mclaren/Toyota with two drivers in each team able to almost match each other it is really making the difference.

Williams are being let down by Nakajima this season badly imo. I quite like the guy, and have defended him in the past but at such a crucial time in F1 for the team where money is difficult to find he is costing them 3rd in the WCC IMO.

tomazy

Sam Michael said that FW31 is getting a new difuser and revised suspension for Valencia, lets hope that this will help Nico to a podium if not (dare I say it) a win and Kazuki to a point or two in future races :)

mx_tifoso

Off the top of my head, hasn't it been because of wrong strategies that Nakajima has done bad in some races?

And I agree that Nakajima isn't pulling his share of the weight, maybe he should be warned of getting the boot should his results not improve. But if they fire him then they might have two new drivers in 2010, since Rosberg might go to McLaren.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.