BMW Sauber F1.09

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
tk421

Re: BMW Sauber F1.09

@ megz, perfect! : )
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

wrcsti
wrcsti

djos wrote:
It's a pretty small DDD. #-o
Small? Looks just the same size as brawn's.

ISLAMATRON

wrcsti wrote:
djos wrote:
nope, not even close

WhiteBlue

I saw a long interview with Mario Theissen. He said that BMW had to change their front end to accomodate the new DDD rear end. Now they have the first step of the new car and they will continue to develop this new concept.

All their testing time is completely dedicated to the aero setup and evaluation. They cannot afford the time to do anything with KERS while they are playing catch up.

I think they could be the team which was caught out worst with the DDD legalization.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vasia
vasia

WhiteBlue wrote:I saw a long interview with Mario Theissen. He said that BMW had to change their front end to accomodate the new DDD rear end. Now they have the first step of the new car and they will continue to develop this new concept.

All their testing time is completely dedicated to the aero setup and evaluation. They cannot afford the time to do anything with KERS while they are playing catch up.

I think they could be the team which was caught out worst with the DDD legalization.
It does seem to be that way.

kNt
kNt

wrcsti wrote:
djos wrote:
Brawns is much wider.

ISLAMATRON

notice the black boards under the sides of the nose sam as Renault? more noticable in the full res pic
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 16 Jun 2009, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

Giblet
Giblet

I can't believe that with all the computing power at their disposal, Albert2 still says "Yeah, those half bathtubs for front wing endplates are perfect. trust me."
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

Added an Extension to the DDD, just as Toyota gets rid of theirs

bhall
bhall

ISLAMATRON wrote:notice the black boards under the sides of the nose sam as Renault? more noticable in the full res pic
They've been there since the launch, only they were white.

zgred

zgred

ISLAMATRON wrote:Image

notice the black boards under the sides of the nose sam as Renault? more noticable in the full res pic

PlatinumZealot

I wonder if BMW ever tried experimenting with a different style of end plate? hmm.. same ole endplate from the beginning of the season.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

pipex
pipex

Nov. 17 front wing pic

Nearly no difference :?

more pics of the hacked 08 BMW here

For comparison, Boxy end plates of Honda Nov. 17:

A little off topic, but does the nose look similar to the actual Ferrari? (with a lot of imagination :lol:)
"We will have to wait and see".

zgred

Small differences in front wings.