BMW Sauber F1.09

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
LotusF1

Re: BMW Sauber F1.09

ringo wrote:looks like the same damn front wing, and they said it was new :roll:
It still looks to draggy compared to that of FI and Williams, sometimes I wonder if BMW sauber know what they are doing.
I registered on this forum just to reply to this post...I mean you wonder what BMW sauber are doing????????????????????????????????? hahahaha...yea ofcourse....I mean I think you should apply for TD...because in your head you got a full scale windtunnel and Albert3.....

scarbs

LotusF1 wrote:
ringo wrote:looks like the same damn front wing, and they said it was new :roll:
It still looks to draggy compared to that of FI and Williams, sometimes I wonder if BMW sauber know what they are doing.
I registered on this forum just to reply to this post...I mean you wonder what BMW sauber are doing????????????????????????????????? hahahaha...yea ofcourse....I mean I think you should apply for TD...because in your head you got a full scale windtunnel and Albert3.....
LotusF1,
Welcome to the forum (are you Mike Gascoyne?) Everyone here makes comments on the cars, its just opinion, none of us can ever be sure.

LotusF1

scarbs wrote:
LotusF1 wrote:
LotusF1,
Welcome to the forum (are you Mike Gascoyne?) Everyone here makes comments on the cars, its just opinion, none of us can ever be sure.
I was only joking...didnt want to offend anyone, its just that how can you say a wing is draggy by a pic??? Kinda hard dont u think??? Personal opinions are welcome, but jeez...this one made me laugh (dont want to seem arrogant)

scarbs

LotusF1,
I wasn’t having a dig, You’re right you can’t tell from a pic, but guessing is all part of the fun.

But are you MG? lol

LotusF1

scarbs wrote:LotusF1,
I wasn’t having a dig, You’re right you can’t tell from a pic, but guessing is all part of the fun.

But are you MG? lol
LOL...no no...unfortunately I am not...

zgred

raceman

zgred wrote:Image

return of complexly designed (though clever) front wing for BMW Sauber :shock:

djos

raceman wrote:
zgred wrote:Image

return of complexly designed (though clever) front wing for BMW Sauber :shock:
it's about time they got rid of their stupid snow-plow design!
"In downforce we trust"

bazanaius

LotusF1 wrote:
scarbs wrote:LotusF1,

But are you MG? lol
LOL...no no...unfortunately I am not...

that sounds like something MG would say...

Pit
Pit

djos wrote:it's about time they got rid of their stupid snow-plow design!
Snow-plow? That'd clear some things up. I've always thought it was a bird feeder of some sort, placed there to promote the new, 'ecological' F1. It's a pity they replaced it :(
Let's just hope Kubica won't have his brand new front wing 'pimped', like he had on Spa or Monza..
Last edited by Pit on 01 Oct 2009, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

ISLAMATRON

LotusF1 wrote:
LotusF1 wrote:
I was only joking...didnt want to offend anyone, its just that how can you say a wing is draggy by a pic??? Kinda hard dont u think??? Personal opinions are welcome, but jeez...this one made me laugh (dont want to seem arrogant)
If it looks like a parachute, then its pretty easy to say that it is probly quite "draggy"

zgred

kNt
kNt

I wish they would have gone more radical with the diffuser.

But you can clearly see how hard it is to accommodate a big size ddd on a car. The crash structure has totally changed. It's now swooping up more like Brawn or RedBull. This shows why this has taken so long. They needed a new gearbox casing, eventually new gearbox internals, at least new crash tests.

It's a shame how this year was more about clever rule interpretation than good engineering (OK, you can classify rule interpretation also as some kind of engineering but I hope you know what I mean).

Does anybody know what that boy thing to the right of the crash structure is?

Saribro

kNt wrote:Does anybody know what that boy thing to the right of the crash structure is?
Hook for the rear jack.

kNt
kNt

Scarbs pointed out an interesting detail of the new rearwing in his tech article: Only the inlet is restricted to the central 15cm, the exit of the whole spans the whole width.