Toro Rosso STR4

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Giblet

Re: Torro Rosso STR4

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:
djos wrote:I was just stirring the pot Spencer, I don't really believe that but it sure took a while to get a bite! :mrgreen: =D>
I know, i know, I cuddn't help it...I was only paying, that's why the majority of my post was properly on topic. No harm done I hope! :wink:

It is almost confirmed now that the Scuderia Ferrari have been using Toro Rosso to test their engine reliability throughout the course of a Grand Prix weekend. Germany's 'Auto Motor und Sport' has reported that STR uses long life Ferrari engines during the Friday practices, having clocked around 2,500 km's up until then.
Although this greatly affects the small teams performance, as team principal Franz Tost said, "After 1400 kilometres, the power diminishes dramatically."

So STR gets to test slower cars so Ferrari can test their engine life. If I was a driver I'd be pissed, as their test engines make me look slower to the F1 fraternity.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Shrek

Re: Torro Rosso STR4

tk421 wrote:
majicmeow wrote:Somthing looks different here but I cant put my finger on it...
Ideas??Image
Well the carbon fibre is exposed and not painted blue, is that what you're thinking?
They're is another winglet above the 2nd winglet
Spencer

bjpower

Re: Toro Rosso STR4

I assume that they will get the updates from the RB so that they might be able to keep button off the podum.
but that may land them in hot water
but with a less powerful engine they still may not be able to get to button and chello.
saying that give them 10 laps of fuel for quali and put them in front of the brawns it will hold them up for a bit.

ESPImperium

Bourdais had a few little rants during the weekend at Silverstone to a few jurnos and seemingly it was all about the fact Red Bull hadnt/havnt been giving the same support for this car compaired to th STR3 last year. It isnt about updates seemingly, its all about how to set the car up. I feel that if Red Bull want extra cars up there to help out keeping the Brawns off the podium and keeping them behind them, or giving Button and Rubens more to think about, im shure that Red Bull will give a heck of alot more support sooner than later, and i think sooner could be as soon as the next GP at Germany.

If Vettel and Webber is to challenge Button and Rubens, they need Bourdais and Buemi to get in the mix. ASAP.

STR are to be getting the Ferrari KERS soon also, whitch will give a massive performance boost for them too, as Ferrari are using STR as the test bed for their engines and such.

StrFerrari4Ever

I agree with ESPImperium that would be the sensible thing to do have an al;most similar car up there keeping the Brawns at bay allowing Red Bull take out more points from Brawn.Aswell from a marketing point Mateschitz would benefit having both his teams at the front getting more TV coverage and therefore more sponsors me as an STR fan im hoping that RBR realise this and help Toro Rosso asap but i guess they are trying to avoid the humiliation of last year when STR had the brilliant STR3 :wink:

zgred

Fil

This is cool.. and before anyone jumps to conclusions, it is not indicative of their 2010 livery..

Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ESPImperium

Cool but not happening, heres a glypmse of the STR5:

megz

Fil wrote:This is cool.. and before anyone jumps to conclusions, it is not indicative of their 2010 livery..

Sugarfree Toro Rosso?

raceman

Fil wrote:This is cool.. and before anyone jumps to conclusions, it is not indicative of their 2010 livery..

yeh, really looks cool and some odd, but fresh colour IMO

Pandamasque

ESPImperium wrote:Cool but not happening, heres a glypmse of the STR5:

Looks suspiciously like Repsol colours.

Confused_Andy

Just looks like STR colours, the contrast/saturation has been boosted so they colours are not accurate...

ESPImperium

Confused_Andy wrote:Just looks like STR colours, the contrast/saturation has been boosted so they colours are not accurate...
Yup, thats exactly whats happened. I saved the pic and blew it up in my screen and thats what it looked like.

And as for Repsol colours, those could be on the Campos car, but since Repsol is on the Red Bull WSBR and other formulae cars, id say the Repsol branding on the STRs would be a good idea for them.

thestig84

What is in the guy on the left hands? not stickers?

axle

Looks like a tap measure...

TBH I can't see any evidence that it's not just a pic of last years car?!
- Axle