Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mx_tifoso

Re: Ferrari F10

n smikle wrote:No, he is saying that Francesc did not post pictures of any rear wing as said, Francesc only posted a picture of two front wings.
Oh but he did, the rear wing can be seen over the fencing. From what's visible, there is a hole in the middle of the main element.

Click on 'view image' for larger version.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

forty-two

mx_tifosi wrote:
n smikle wrote:No, he is saying that Francesc did not post pictures of any rear wing as said, Francesc only posted a picture of two front wings.
Oh but he did, the rear wing can be seen over the fencing. From what's visible, there is a hole in the middle of the main element.

Agreed, the picture Francesc posted did indeed show a rear wing without it's F-Duct plumbing attached, but the picture I am seeing shows a hole in the upper element (flap) not the main (lower) element.

This is the configuration which McLaren started the season with. McLaren have only recently changed to blowing the lower (main) element.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

imightbewrong

forty-two wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:

Agreed, the picture Francesc posted did indeed show a rear wing without it's F-Duct plumbing attached, but the picture I am seeing shows a hole in the upper element (flap) not the main (lower) element.

This is the configuration which McLaren started the season with. McLaren have only recently changed to blowing the lower (main) element.
As far as I can see (and the other posters seem to agree) the hole is in the lower element. Zoom in a bit and you'll see it. There is no upper element mounted yet on that RW.

zgred

ecapox

zgred wrote:Image
Holy busy tea tray (or T-Tray or splitter)

Arunas

ecapox wrote:
zgred wrote:Image
Holy busy tea tray (or T-Tray or splitter)
Nice pic! I'd like to see another angle of this. A lot of bits and pieces there..
Bottom edge of tub looks in very italian way :?

type056

ringo

the diffuser is now a barn door like the mclaren.
For Sure!!

timbo

ringo wrote:the diffuser is now a barn door like the mclaren.
There's no upper deck that extends to the beam wing.

segedunum

It does seem to have got a bit larger. It's probably the last hurrah for the double diffuser as they try to get the most out of it.

zgred

Arunas wrote: Nice pic! I'd like to see another angle of this. A lot of bits and pieces there..
Bottom edge of tub looks in very italian way :?

n_anirudh

F duct on the mainplane?? A lot aft compared to Renault n Mclaren
Interesting how only the lower part of the drivers seat is gold leaf-ed..

Goran2812

i think it's actually only the part where the drivers back is... the seat is upside down here i think...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

JornGhielen

Goran2812 wrote:i think it's actually only the part where the drivers back is... the seat is upside down here i think...
Yea, the golden stuff is the heatshielding. in ure back.

wrcsti

Goran2812 wrote:i think it's actually only the part where the drivers back is... the seat is upside down here i think...
look at the seatbelts, its upright. Not sure why its at the bottom but i recall a video of a guy buying an ex f1 car and saying that schumis seat was goldleafed only.