Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
triart3d

Re: Ferrari F10

No fduct on main plane..

Owen.C93

Looks like the seat needs to be rotated forwards 90*.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Arunas

zgred wrote:
Arunas wrote: Nice pic! I'd like to see another angle of this. A lot of bits and pieces there..
Bottom edge of tub looks in very italian way :?
Thank you! Is it possible to force some air invards at this angle? What must be the purpose of this, to create low pressure trap and lift some more air up to the top side of bottom?

i70q7m7ghw

wrcsti wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:i think it's actually only the part where the drivers back is... the seat is upside down here i think...
look at the seatbelts, its upright. Not sure why its at the bottom but i recall a video of a guy buying an ex f1 car and saying that schumis seat was goldleafed only.
Negative, It's upside down. The slots on the bottom which is facing us are where the seat belt hooks in and runs between the drivers legs.

scarbs

the seat is the right way up, the wide part at the top is for the drivers shoulders, it then narrows towards the reflective foil. So the gold part goes around the drivers hips to protect him from the heat given off by the electronics housed inside the cockpit.

BTW new Ferrari development at Interlagos

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/11/0 ... -diffuser/

Gerhard Berger

Gerhard Berger wrote:
Tazio wrote:Thanks for the link
It says quite clearly in the notes that Fred lost an engine in China practice.
It also makes sense that it was engine #1 being that early in the season.
Indeed, hence what i said previously was right. :)

To summarise:

#1: Did qualifying in Bahrain, was then assigned to practice sessions and expired in FP at China.
#2: Did race at Bahrain and China
#3: Australia and Malaysia (expired in the latter)
#4: Spain, Monaco and Turkey
#5: Canada, Europe and Great Britain
#6: Germany, Hungary and Singapore
#7: Belgium, Japan and Korea
#8: Monza

#8 will do the remaining 2 races.
#2 just expired in free practice.

segedunum

Gerhard Berger wrote:Viva F1 only shows when a new engine was introduced. It doesn't show what engine was used at what race.......If in doubt, look at the list i posted on the previous page, it shows what engine was used at what races.
Where are you getting this list from?

King Six

Gerhard Berger wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:
Tazio wrote:Thanks for the link
It says quite clearly in the notes that Fred lost an engine in China practice.
It also makes sense that it was engine #1 being that early in the season.
Indeed, hence what i said previously was right. :)

To summarise:

#1: Did qualifying in Bahrain, was then assigned to practice sessions and expired in FP at China.
#2: Did race at Bahrain and China
#3: Australia and Malaysia (expired in the latter)
#4: Spain, Monaco and Turkey
#5: Canada, Europe and Great Britain
#6: Germany, Hungary and Singapore
#7: Belgium, Japan and Korea
#8: Monza

#8 will do the remaining 2 races.
#2 just expired in free practice.
And they probably only just put in #8 for today and thereon as per the regulations. After #2 expired in FP1 I wonder what they used for FP2, and what they will use for FP1/FP2 in Abu Dhabi. They only need to use #8 for Saturdays and Sundays.

mx_tifoso

Does anyone recall seeing the slits before Brazil? I checked for Japan and Korea and they weren't used there...

Brazil FP1/2
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ESPImperium

They seemingly used #4 for Brazil FP2, putting in #8 for Saturday and the race. Abu Dhabi will seemingly see #5 for FP1 and #7 for FP2 or vice-versa. #8 being the same as Brazil and Monza, Saturday running and the race.

Alonso is really tight now, all his engines have limited milage, and even tho from #4 onward they have an extra 15hp, for every 100km you do on the 056 power plant you loose 1-1.2hp from the top end. Whitch when you equate Alonso engine average is almost 1700km, thats 17-22hp lost. If Ferrari think they can get alonso onto pole and pull off a strategy and racing masterclass, i can see a fresh engine coming after Quali.

timbo

I heard elsewhere that #1 was actually banned from usage until Abu Dhabi. It makes uncertain which engine expired in China, maybe the one from Australia?

raymondu999

timbo wrote:I heard elsewhere that #1 was actually banned from usage until Abu Dhabi. It makes uncertain which engine expired in China, maybe the one from Australia?
banned from usage in Quali/Race (ie sessions which actually matter)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger

timbo wrote:I heard elsewhere that #1 was actually banned from usage until Abu Dhabi. It makes uncertain which engine expired in China, maybe the one from Australia?
#1 expired in China. The one from Australia expired in Malaysia.

segedunum

Where are you getting this information from? We know when a team changes and engine but what we don't get to see is what engine a team actually uses in free practice and all we have is hearsay about what engines get used for what races.

As far as I know the FIA just makes sure that any engine that is used is in the allocated block of eight. There is no designated list of what engines were and weren't used.

PaulB

mx_tifosi wrote:Does anyone recall seeing the slits before Brazil? I checked for Japan and Korea and they weren't used there...

Brazil FP1/2
Does anybody know, what's up with these vents beside the drivers head?
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/