Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
scarbs

Re: Ferrari F10

imightbewrong wrote:what the hell is going on in the left side of this picture? Look at that pipe next to the crash structure and the messed up diffuser!
That circular object is the exhaust pipe, however.... This was a temporary set up as the diffuser was occupied with a sensor\camera pod which looked at the the tyres side profile. The lefthand exhaust was repositioned to stop overheating the pod. A similar pod was mounted to the front upright to look at the tyres side profile. This isn't at all related to a non EBD 2011 set up.

imightbewrong

scarbs wrote:That circular object is the exhaust pipe, however.... This was a temporary set up as the diffuser was occupied with a sensor\camera pod which looked at the the tyres side profile. The lefthand exhaust was repositioned to stop overheating the pod. A similar pod was mounted to the front upright to look at the tyres side profile. This isn't at all related to a non EBD 2011 set up.
Awesome, thanks again for the info!

Hush

scarbs wrote:
imightbewrong wrote:what the hell is going on in the left side of this picture? Look at that pipe next to the crash structure and the messed up diffuser!
That circular object is the exhaust pipe, however.... This was a temporary set up as the diffuser was occupied with a sensor\camera pod which looked at the the tyres side profile. The lefthand exhaust was repositioned to stop overheating the pod. A similar pod was mounted to the front upright to look at the tyres side profile. This isn't at all related to a non EBD 2011 set up.
Why would they want to have a look at the side profile of the Bridgestone tyres?

scarbs

To compare the different profile of the bridgestone to the pirelli. Not sur eof thats for contact patch or aero profile analysis.

Hush

scarbs wrote:To compare the different profile of the bridgestone to the pirelli. Not sur eof thats for contact patch or aero profile analysis.
Makes sense, but surely they would have ran with the same rig when trying out the Pirelli's. I'm not 100 percent sure but I didn't see pics of that rig when they were testing the latter.

I could be mistaken though. Also, have a look at the huge hole in the left side channel of the diffuser... What is that all about? I don't remember the opening being that big.

wrcsti

Hush wrote:
scarbs wrote:To compare the different profile of the bridgestone to the pirelli. Not sur eof thats for contact patch or aero profile analysis.
Makes sense, but surely they would have ran with the same rig when trying out the Pirelli's. I'm not 100 percent sure but I didn't see pics of that rig when they were testing the latter.

I could be mistaken though. Also, have a look at the huge hole in the left side channel of the diffuser... What is that all about? I don't remember the opening being that big.
it wasn't. Seems they hacked it up to get that telemetry device in there.

imightbewrong

Very interesting technical review from Ferrari. Gives a good and surprisingly detailed description of the technical updates of the F10:
http://season_review_2010.ferrari.com/main2/index.html

italian

Re: Ferrari F2012

I think it's an interesting image of the 2010 car: Image
Last edited by italian on 30 May 2012, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein