Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Pup
Pup

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

Can't advise you on the thread thing - it's sort of a lottery. Maybe best if you post the picture in this one, the question in the other, and then we can all reply in the third. :wink:

Actually, I'd guess they'd keep the hole covered when not connected.

ringo

timbo wrote:So, from this pic it seems that the upper wing element is not in fact fed by the fin...
Is this a wrong thread to say it? :)
Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU[/youtube]

:lol:
For Sure!!

ringo

Pup wrote:Can't advise you on the thread thing - it's sort of a lottery. Maybe best if you post the picture in this one, the question in the other, and then we can all reply in the third. :wink:

Actually, I'd guess they'd keep the hole covered when not connected.
Who knows, Bahrain may not be a track they want to use it either?
For Sure!!

timbo

ringo wrote:Who knows, Bahrain may not be a track they want to use it either?
Well, with a couple of long straights and mostly med-low speed corners I think it is among the best places to use any gimmic that gives you a couple of kph without sacrificing the low-speed grip.

ringo

timbo wrote:
ringo wrote:Who knows, Bahrain may not be a track they want to use it either?
Well, with a couple of long straights and mostly med-low speed corners I think it is among the best places to use any gimmic that gives you a couple of kph without sacrificing the low-speed grip.
Good point!

then is it possible that the piece of fin in the pic without the engine cover could just be the equivalent of the RB6 stickers; a diversion?
For Sure!!

ISLAMATRON

how could you guys see or conclude anything about the fin from that shot?

RacingManiac

No entry slot at least from the look of the pic, if the shark-fin is "ducted" to the slot-gap on the rear of the wing, it needs to have an entry from the front....

wesley123

timbo wrote:So, from this pic it seems that the upper wing element is not in fact fed by the fin...
Is this a wrong thread to say it? :)
disagree, on other pics it is clearly to see that the fin is fat, thus there has to be air flowing in, certainly when there is known to be a gap on the second element wich has to be fed. The anoying red colour makes it difficult to see though
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

f1rules

According to Kubica, Ferrari and Redbull are favorites. He says Redbull have incredible downforce. Im wondering. How come the other teams dont put more effort into cooling/packaging like redbull. In the beginning of testing it looked like Mclaren did, but now at the last test, they showed their real hot air outlets, very bulky and fat. If Redbull can make that tight an ass without a big outlet why cant the others. Is there not enough to gain or ??

ringo

f1rules wrote:According to Kubica, Ferrari and Redbull are favorites. He says Redbull have incredible downforce. Im wondering. How come the other teams dont put more effort into cooling/packaging like redbull. In the beginning of testing it looked like Mclaren did, but now at the last test, they showed their real hot air outlets, very bulky and fat. If Redbull can make that tight an ass without a big outlet why cant the others. Is there not enough to gain or ??

sure... tight enough to house a full grown man, and enough food for a race weekend! 8)
For Sure!!

Shaddock

Pup wrote:Interesting shot - you can really tell here just how round the fin is. Or is it in fact more round than before? Who was it who said there was a version with a more cylindrical section coming soon?

Is this rear wing 'spec A' with the alleged slot, or quick, Charlies on his way over, drop the other one on?

jason.parker.86

I do not think this is 2010 car as the new sponsor we seen on the air intake box is not there.

axle

jason.parker.86 wrote:I do not think this is 2010 car as the new sponsor we seen on the air intake box is not there.
LOL cause yeah they don't put stickers on at the events at all ever...
- Axle

Sean H

jason.parker.86 wrote:I do not think this is 2010 car as the new sponsor we seen on the air intake box is not there.

that was taken in the garage at bahrain
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

ringo

Shaddock wrote:
Pup wrote:Interesting shot - you can really tell here just how round the fin is. Or is it in fact more round than before? Who was it who said there was a version with a more cylindrical section coming soon?

Is this rear wing 'spec A' with the alleged slot, or quick, Charlies on his way over, drop the other one on?
No light reflecting through the hole above the air intake either. Looks like they blocked it up temporarily.
For Sure!!