Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Intego

Re: Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 25 Nov 2010, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off-topic post content and replies.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

murtoidf1

richard_leeds wrote:The last page has just been fan-boi fodder - my driver's faster than yours so nah!

For the love of god, get some facts and list out the fastest laps and speed traps. Also put it in a new thread with a relevant title.

<rant over>
Even though Formula One is a tecnhical sport the car are indeed driven by humans.

For that reason one has to factor in the driver in the car. Fastest laps and speed drivers are partly down to the driver aren't they?

Put me in a McLaren or Ferrari and then look at my speed traps and fastest laps.. They won't mean anything

Tamburello

raymondu999 wrote: We don't know who's pushing and who's not. These cars are all among the 24 fastest race cars in the world. End of story. And hamilton had the primes on not the options on btw
Yes, I know. I was just being sarcastic.

timbo

Tumbarello wrote:Yes Hamilton had brand spanking new super softs when he set his fastest lap. How do you know that he was even pushing when did so?

p.s. I hear there's no point arguing with fan boys.
Alonso could pass him and open up a bit of a gap.
To me this is the best indication.

Richard

Rather, lets get this discussion back to the technical features of the Mclaren MP4/25.

adrianjordan

richard_leeds wrote:Rather, lets get this discussion back to the technical features of the Mclaren MP4/25.
Hear, hear.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

paipa

adrianjordan wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:Rather, lets get this discussion back to the technical features of the Mclaren MP4/25.
Hear, hear.
Ummm, so thank you MP4/25, we had some nice time together this year. You always had something up your sleeve and kept us entertained from day one. Have fun sleeping in Woking and enjoy the occasional promotional donuts.

Forever yours,
F1technical.net

Steven
Owner

Again, note that the specific car threads are meant for technical discussion about the car itself, novelties, technical issues and relative performance. Any driver related stuff is considered off-topic.

raymondu999

the car's handling in relation to a driver's driving style (eg. Button's smooth vs Hamilton's aggressive) surely can be suitable conversation here too, no?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.

tbh we are not more than wankers in terms of really understanding all the concept of the cars in F1 when it comes to the the top 5.
At least that is my impression of it at times.
so to me the raised finger to stick to the topic is a bit over the top ..we are not in a tech metting here so a little deviation is not a sin ...in the real world a bit of banter and deviation is a definite reality as well.

Raptor22

raymondu999 wrote:the car's handling in relation to a driver's driving style (eg. Button's smooth vs Hamilton's aggressive) surely can be suitable conversation here too, no?
Only if it relates to the set up or inability to maximise the performance. Its a fine line...

Formula None

Check out any of the other 2010 car threads, and take note of their page counts. This one's 240+ for no good reason. Once the f-duct was solved this thread took a nosedive. The Renault and Red Bull threads stand out as examples of good BS:tech-chat/images ratios, IMO.

Seriously, just start a team McLaren 2010 thread, and prattle on about the drivers, marketing and economics to your heart's content.

ringo

This thread is 240 pages for many good reasons; it simply is the most technical thread, about the most technical looking car.
Not becuase of the F duct alone. There have been discussions on the suspension, flow vis, pitot arrays, DDD, EBD, just to name a few.

If you want to see blabbering not related to the car the mercedes thread is the king in that regard. Never seen so much talk about everything but the car in any other thread. :lol:
For Sure!!

Mandrake

ringo wrote:This thread is 240 pages for many good reasons; it simply is the most technical thread, about the most technical looking car.
Not becuase of the F duct alone. There have been discussions on the suspension, flow vis, pitot arrays, DDD, EBD, just to name a few.

If you want to see blabbering not related to the car the mercedes thread is the king in that regard. Never seen so much talk about everything but the car in any other thread. :lol:
I think you're mixing it up with another car....I can't remember everyone trying to find out the secret of McLaren's speed....apart from the F-Duct there was nothing else baffling the scene.

wesley123

then you are really missing alot from this thread, what Ringo is saying is fully correct, i dont think i need to add anything to that
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender