Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
agip
5
User avatar
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Lotus T127

Post by agip » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:28 am

Does anyone know the meaning of those leters in the Team Lotus logo? :?:

Image

FW17
226
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by FW17 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 am

agip wrote:Does anyone know the meaning of those leters in the Team Lotus logo? :?:

Image

ACBC - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman

Blackout
656
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by Blackout » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:49 am

Image

nacho
9
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:38 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by nacho » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:38 am

I think they could make that logo a bit better, it seems off a bit, the typography of the TEAM LOTUS text. I think the old Team Lotus never used that logo, I think they had the Lotus-logo and Team Lotus text on the side of the cockpit. I've seen a Team Lotus logo with the Team text above and Lotus below the ACBC, looked nicer that way.

ESPImperium
117
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Lotus T127

Post by ESPImperium » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:43 am

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87198

Looking like Team Lotus are gonna go with a pull rod for the rear end next year, and with the smallest gearbox on the grid as well, this will reduce their wheelbase as well potentially. Also coupled with the RS27 Renault engine, the Lotus car will take a massive leap forward, id say thats easily 2.5% whitch would put them right in the area that Sauber and Williams will be in next year going on potential driver match-ups and performances.

raymondu999
143
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by raymondu999 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:00 am

Looks like Gascoyne is readying an RB6 copycat sans diffuser :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wesley123
220
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Re: Lotus T127

Post by wesley123 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:09 am

yes seems like it lol.

But i dont know what to think about it, the Red Bull system isnt that reliable, the renault system itself is much more reliable.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ell66
1
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Lotus T127

Post by ell66 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:20 am

ESPImperium wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87198

Looking like Team Lotus are gonna go with a pull rod for the rear end next year, and with the smallest gearbox on the grid as well, this will reduce their wheelbase as well potentially. Also coupled with the RS27 Renault engine, the Lotus car will take a massive leap forward, id say thats easily 2.5% whitch would put them right in the area that Sauber and Williams will be in next year going on potential driver match-ups and performances.
how do you know its the smallest gearbox? dont be fooled just because newey packages everything so tight.

Blackout
656
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by Blackout » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:27 am

raymondu999 wrote:Looks like Gascoyne is readying an RB6 copycat sans diffuser :?
RB5

Blackout
656
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by Blackout » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:30 am

nacho wrote:I think they could make that logo a bit better, it seems off a bit, the typography of the TEAM LOTUS text. I think the old Team Lotus never used that logo, I think they had the Lotus-logo and Team Lotus text on the side of the cockpit. I've seen a Team Lotus logo with the Team text above and Lotus below the ACBC, looked nicer that way.
you mean this :

Image

team lotus also used the one I posted; this one, but rarely, :

Image

Blackout
656
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by Blackout » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:36 am

Image

raymondu999
143
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Lotus T127

Post by raymondu999 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:41 am

Blackout wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Looks like Gascoyne is readying an RB6 copycat sans diffuser :?
RB5
Other than the diffuser, or the f-duct, why would they not copy the class of the field? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

dren
275
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Lotus T127

Post by dren » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:51 am

They should have the EBD, but in what form? Something like what Mclaren has now maybe?
Honda!

ESPImperium
117
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Lotus T127

Post by ESPImperium » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:46 pm

ell66 wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87198

Looking like Team Lotus are gonna go with a pull rod for the rear end next year, and with the smallest gearbox on the grid as well, this will reduce their wheelbase as well potentially. Also coupled with the RS27 Renault engine, the Lotus car will take a massive leap forward, id say thats easily 2.5% whitch would put them right in the area that Sauber and Williams will be in next year going on potential driver match-ups and performances.
how do you know its the smallest gearbox? dont be fooled just because newey packages everything so tight.
Was said to be by Patrick Head on the BBC1 5LiveF1 coverage at Canada, the Red Bull one is the smallest on the grid, with the Xtrac one being the largest.

To venture off topic, this has also just said to me that the Toro Rosso team is close to a sale. As murmors have been afoot for a while about that teams sale and the fact they need more investment at Faenza.

pipex
6
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: The net

Re: Lotus T127

Post by pipex » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Scarbs blog says that the new gearbox will be designed in part (or completely) by Lotus... Maybe Lotus will design the gearbox casing and the suspension attachment points? I remember reading that there are some people in Lotus that were from the gearbox/hydraulics department at Toyota.
"We will have to wait and see".