Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
lolzi

Re: Red Bull RB6

univex wrote:Webber battling rivals and critics
Jonathan Legard wrote:Vettel has admitted he's felt much more comfortable in the car since new software was installed to enable smoother power delivery through the double diffuser to accelerate out of corners.

It means that Webber has lost the little edge over his team-mate that he'd previously enjoyed when it was more driver-reliant.
Interesting explanation to Vettel's resurgance. One of many software updates seems to have taken away some of Webber's advantage over his team mate. Win some, lose some.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jonathanlega ... t-how.html
That blog seems very biased. It seems more like a love poem than anything else to me.

mep

marcush. wrote:it´s a laser string Mx tifosi... Car alignment (toe ...)

I found a real string(nylon string very thin .3mm ) much better.used laser equipment quite a while...the setup anf maintainance was simply too fuzzy the one
advantage you got is nobody can step on the string in the pits... :lol:
Are you sure its a laser?
I just realized that light is invisible as long as it doesn't hit your eye directly. So to see a laser beam you need to have many particles in the air that reflect the light into your eye.

Sorry if I start to annoy you but I am a person that questions everything until fully understands.

forty-two

mep wrote:
marcush. wrote:it´s a laser string Mx tifosi... Car alignment (toe ...)

I found a real string(nylon string very thin .3mm ) much better.used laser equipment quite a while...the setup anf maintainance was simply too fuzzy the one
advantage you got is nobody can step on the string in the pits... :lol:
Are you sure its a laser?
I just realized that light is invisible as long as it doesn't hit your eye directly. So to see a laser beam you need to have many particles in the air that reflect the light into your eye.

Sorry if I start to annoy you but I am a person that questions everything until fully understands.
It's been well reported that this particular venue is very very dusty. The dust in the atmosphere would probably be enough to make an image like that?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

mep

forty-two wrote: It's been well reported that this particular venue is very very dusty. The dust in the atmosphere would probably be enough to make an image like that?
I don't know for sure that’s why I am asking.
Fog alone can be enough to make a laser beam visible.
The laser beam is very tinny(so not many particles to reflect it) but the parts behind it are still very clear even as we can expect the picture got shot from a far distance outside of the pits. There is nothing like dust or high air density visible.

The reason why the string looks so blurry is because it is oscillating.

marcush.

mep,
no doubt this is quite typical for paddock environment ..i´d say hugely contaminated...no qustion it should not be visible but quite often it is...
the oscilation of the laser is really getting at you when work on the alignment .after some time I really developped an aversion towards it plus the beam is too coarse for my nitpicky nature..

747heavy

splitter/floor testing RBR style

Last edited by 747heavy on 22 Oct 2010, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

univex

Webber gets new engine, reverts to "Luscious Liz"
http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/ ... s_Lizquot/
Article wrote:..Also for this weekend Webber has reverted to an older chassis, having failed to get the most from his car in Singapore and Japan in a brand new monocoque.

JMN
JMN

Splitter does seem changed compared to the Singapore (and Suzuka?) version. It has a smooth surface again.

Blackout

These little winglets above the ducts are new IIRC

djos

univex wrote:Webber gets new engine, reverts to "Luscious Liz"
http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/ ... s_Lizquot/
Article wrote:..Also for this weekend Webber has reverted to an older chassis, having failed to get the most from his car in Singapore and Japan in a brand new monocoque.
Good stuff, I wondered if Webber wasnt completely happy with Chassis #6. This bodes well for the rest of the season. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

wesley123

@Blackout, if im correct the whole brake duct area is new, havent seen these shields before
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

djos

wesley123 wrote:@Blackout, if im correct the whole brake duct area is new, havent seen these shields before
They've been there for quite a few races now (iirc most of the season).
"In downforce we trust"

raymondu999

Jonathan Legard wrote:Vettel has admitted he's felt much more comfortable in the car since new software was installed to enable smoother power delivery through the double diffuser to accelerate out of corners.

It means that Webber has lost the little edge over his team-mate that he'd previously enjoyed when it was more driver-reliant.
Interesting explanation to Vettel's resurgance. One of many software updates seems to have taken away some of Webber's advantage over his team mate. Win some, lose some.

I don't completely buy that. Singapore 2010, look at the onboard lap. Mark was a dog on traction in that lap.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

univex

raymondu999 wrote:

I don't completely buy that. Singapore 2010, look at the onboard lap. Mark was a dog on traction in that lap.
Alot of people were pointing to the new chassis he had in Singapore. IMO the comments relate to Vettels resurgance rather than Webbers issues.

raymondu999

I'm fine with the notion that the software is helping Vettel. It's just I don't agree that the new software is hindering Mark. If the software helps the car's driveability on traction it would help both drivers.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法