Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Carlo's

Re: Renault R31

This photo would be more suitable to R30 thread.

As for blown diffusers - they will still have positive influence on the car and downforce despite single diffusers right? Will it have 'must-have' status next year?
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 01 Dec 2010, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This post and one above and below were brought over from the R31 thread.

kwanchepan

Carlo's wrote:This photo would be more suitable to R30 thread.
Just to discuss the idea of blown diffuser. That isn't just about R30. Will it can be allowed in the next year's R31 or other cars?

timbo

kwanchepan wrote:Will it can be allowed in the next year's R31 or other cars?
Yes but without any holes in the diffuser.

wrcsti

timbo wrote:
kwanchepan wrote:Will it can be allowed in the next year's R31 or other cars?
Yes but without any holes in the diffuser.
im imagining them pointing exhaust between the beam wing and difusor. Also DDD is banned but the 150mm center rule on the difusor is not?

wesley123

Re: Renault R30

it still is as holes where the DDD get fed from arent allowed anymore
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Blackout

That ''opening'' in the diffuser isn't new nor directly related with the exhausts. Those opening were there long time before Valencia. They appeared in Bahrain or Australia.

Sepang:

scarbs

blackout,
Most teams have run that convex section pictured above, but the raised section kwanchepan pointed is new. In your picture its the section to the left of your highlighted box.

Blackout

New ? not really; that different raised section belongs to the modified diffuser appeared in Hungary. Or you mean sth else :?:

wrcsti

wesley123 wrote:it still is as holes where the DDD get fed from arent allowed anymore
i meant this 150mm loophole

hecti

wrcsti wrote:
wesley123 wrote:it still is as holes where the DDD get fed from arent allowed anymore
i meant this 150mm loophole
I was wondering about this too, but technically it is a double deck because the little winglet on the bottom of the central section does block the view of the top part of the section, which is what defines a double diffuser.

Intego

hecti wrote:
wrcsti wrote:i meant this 150mm loophole
[img]http://www.formula1.com/wi/full/ta_arti ... 22.jpg[img]
I was wondering about this too, but technically it is a double deck because the little winglet on the bottom of the central section does block the view of the top part of the section, which is what defines a double diffuser.
Not necessarily. I didn't have the chance to be a frog, but the last centimetres seem to give a view of the top part of the section. Furthermore I don't know if that is necessary. We don't know the wording of the 2011 regulations, but if the permitted specs are maintained and there's no hole in the floor (IIRC), then it must be legal?!
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

hecti

Intego wrote:
hecti wrote:
wrcsti wrote:i meant this 150mm loophole
[img]http://www.formula1.com/wi/full/ta_arti ... 22.jpg[img]
Not necessarily. I didn't have the chance to be a frog, but the last centimetres seem to give a view of the top part of the section. Furthermore I don't know if that is necessary. We don't know the wording of the 2011 regulations, but if the permitted specs are maintained and there's no hole in the floor (IIRC), then it must be legal?!
Yea your right, i though it might just be that the drawing was incorrect but i took a look at an actual picture and its exactly the same as the drawing, so i guess it must be legal!!
you could also say its an integral part of the crash structure and with out it the driver will die... jokes... might last you a couple races while luca M takes you to court :P haha

timbo

The question is whether there's really a benefit in adding additional elements there.

f1motta

Neno

f1motta wrote:R30 is back as Pirelli test car http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/03/07/r30-no ... m-pirelli/
hell yeah =D> that car in Kubica's hand was magnificent fast on some tracks, i wonder who will be Pirelli's driver