Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Astro1

Re: Renault R30

Rod_in_Chile wrote:
bar555 wrote:Design Project
.... and the front tires closer.
also with the wide front wing will we end up with a wing protruding past the front wheels?
I would think that no we won't, as there would be no reason to lower track width instead, we may see more space between the nosecone and the inside of the front wheels. :?:

Carlo's

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum. Any news about aero development or overall info about R30? News from previous page says that R30 was almost done at the end of september and what then? They are working on a new platform? Pretty interesting and no further information :cry:

axle

Carlo's wrote:Hi guys, I'm new on this forum. Any news about aero development or overall info about R30? News from previous page says that R30 was almost done at the end of september and what then? They are working on a new platform? Pretty interesting and no further information :cry:
All the base line designs are done by that time, for all teams, they are now in production of the first 2 cars. They take time to build...then the first we'll see of them is their launches in January. There will be very little concrete information until then.

Whilst the teams build the base car (production of the full rolling chassis) the aero department will have a signed off first iteration of bodypanels for testing and will be at an advanced stage in the development of the bodywork that will actually race...as extra time and testing will lead to new developments not available at launch.

This is a quiet time for F1 development information (other than rumours/made up stories) you are best not forming any opinions and just patiently waiting till the launch.
- Axle

Carlo's

According to Sport auto and RF1 forum:

Renault made a fuel tank of 165kg.
Mercedes made a fuel tank of 175 kg.
Cosworth made a fuel tank of 185 kg.

This is huge advantage over Cosworth Engines. Nice job Viry.

ISLAMATRON

not if the renault is way down on power, its about the total balance more than it is about any 1 part of the equation

Carlo's

Renault R30 presentation will be 31 of January. Robert Kubica will be behing the wheel till the end of the first test session on Ricardo Tormo (1-3 February).

raceman

Carlo's wrote:According to Sport auto and RF1 forum:

Renault made a fuel tank of 165kg.
Mercedes made a fuel tank of 175 kg.
Cosworth made a fuel tank of 185 kg.

This is huge advantage over Cosworth Engines. Nice job Viry.

the Renault engine is making headlines. it remains to be seen if this would really prove true for 2010.

:shock:

I wonder what magic Red Bull will do with their car with Renault engine then.....!

let's wait and see

raceman

I wish/hope Renault comes up with some innovative colours for their livery rather than lame yellow-orange (I know ING departed). the team was good-looking with blue-yellow livery..... :)

I wonder what/how it would be!

Challengestradale

they will probably revert back to their old yellow-black-white livery from the 70's

f1-cobra

bar555 wrote:A possible livery for the R30 published by a French magazine
I just saw this at Confidential Renault and remembered that it looks just like the pic above that bar555 two months ago. :)

Submitted Sunday, the new liook of the Renault F1 R30 is revealed through exclusive photos from the new website of the French team. We particularly see a small yellow and black R29, which appears to be delivered in 2010 livery.

A real homecoming for Renault, which returns to its original colors, dating from the Turbo. Note the presence of red on the ends of the front and rear wings.

Fil

r30 has fired up for the first time.. here's the pic from the factory.. :P

Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ISLAMATRON

F1 cost cutting... dont give anyone ear protection, just make them use their fingers

Roger the knife

Cute looking piece of tail on the stairs doesn't seem to be bothered by the noise

astracrazy

Roger the knife wrote:Cute looking piece of tail on the stairs doesn't seem to be bothered by the noise
lol

raceman

f1-cobra wrote:Image
looks good, and some different design of the car