Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mx_tifoso

Re: Sauber C29

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Darknight

Its called F-Duct for "Fluidic Switch Duct".

MattF1

It's called an F-duct in the same way that a J-damper is called that.

creedbratton

Neither of the Sauber cars were running the blown rear wing in FP2, they reverted back to the shark fin the runs all the way to the rear wing

HungryHebbo

Well there's finally been some confirmation about whether it's driver activated or not.
De La Rosa, taken from Autosport http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82395

"The driver has to activate the system," de la Rosa told reporters about the system. "You can do it with the knee, you can do it with your hand. You just have to make sure you activate the system. The whole purpose is to gain top speed.

It would be pretty safe to assume that the Macca one is working the same way then.
Quite glad to be proven wrong, I'll just take a nice slice of this humble pie that's sitting here :D

imightbewrong

marcush.

marinopc wrote:In Bahrain McLaren tries the new F-duct... But months ago PDLR (ex-Macca tester) signed for Sauber... Inmediately, in Melbourne, Sauber has also the F-duct... a little suspicious, don't you think? =D> =D>

Great Pedro!

but already insisted that yes of course he knew about the system developped but no he did not tell the sauber guys...(autosport)

it was not the same pedro who back then at macs did happily exchange emails and share details of the whole coughlan/stepney stuff with Alonso and everyone who had no earplugs mounted... :lol: :lol:
Now we know one reason why pedro got the nod over heidi..but then at least he seems to be ok with his driving I have to admit..
Last edited by marcush. on 26 Mar 2010, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

madly

WOW! a bottom of F1 car visible! :D
Sauber didn't use F-Duct in the second practice session. It looks like it on the development stage yet.

Pedro

Melbourne, 1st Practice:
1 - Air inlet
2 - Shark fin duct

Source: F1news.cz
http://f1news.cz/novinky/34315-sauber-n ... s-vyvojem/
Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

ooh! looks like sauber (in addition to at least two other teams) have the 'special' diffuser development item that toyota pioneered and that ferrari are working on for their new diffuser..

raceman

Saubers really disappoint me after so good winter testing. They created much buzz about their cars (albeit on low fuel), but they looked promising.

damn

n_anirudh

Hi...I was at the Oz GP and I have a few pics to post of the Sauber's diffuser when Pedro dela rosa parked his car in FP1....I am unable to post any attachments...can anyone help please?

timbo

n_anirudh wrote:Hi...I was at the Oz GP and I have a few pics to post of the Sauber's diffuser when Pedro dela rosa parked his car in FP1....I am unable to post any attachments...can anyone help please?
Try using some image hosting sites as ImageShack

n_anirudh

Sauber of Pedro Dela Rosa when he stopped in FP1 Australain GP

These images are unedited from my personal camera.I was lucky to be there when he slowed down.

raceman

@n_anirudh

nice detailed pictures buddy, thnx for sharing.