Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
carvetia

Re: Sauber C29

I was just wondering, from a commercial point of view, are Sauber eventually going for the Asian/Japanese market? With the complete absence of any manufacturers from the region, and (potentially) the only two Japanese drivers, i think that would be a very smart decision to make. Positioning themselves as a pseudo-Japanese team might provide a unique avenue for sponsorship... Sauber never seems particularly worried about money so i'm sure he must have a plan!

zgred

mrp5150

raymondu999 wrote:
Fil wrote::shock: Is that a sponsor on the engine cover?? (and if so, anyone know who it is?)

That image looks so good it's almost CGI. LOL. So are they pulling a Renault and sponsoring themselves? :S
I think they'll have the Burger King logo back on the car at Valencia this weekend. And despite the fact that the C29 sucks performance wise, I think it looks phenomenal. My favorite looking F1 car for 2010.

sticky667

it saddens me to see such a beautiful car plagued with the second hand ferrari lumps. such a disgrace to the Sauber name.

godlameroso

Do you think Sauber will go Renault next season?
Saishū kōnā

WhiteBlue

After Kamui's pass on Alonso the engine bill is set to rise, after all the quality cannot be worse. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Belatti

Fil wrote::shock: Is that a sponsor on the engine cover?? (and if so, anyone know who it is?)
Its the logo of the "Sauber Club One"
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

zgred

wesley123

wow, what an incredibly detailed car that is. And that rear wheel cover seems to be new, at least it is the only team running such thing
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

imightbewrong

Courtesy of nextgen-auto.com:

zgred

wesley123

the car has a few updates i see, the diffuser seems new, especially at the footplates, would love to see an more centered shot of it.

rocking7575

The Sauber's are copying from other rivals.....

like First they copy the Same " F-Duct " as Mclaren MP4/25 .. now this wing idea from Force India as well as Red Bulls.

they are known as copiers

wesley123

rocking7575 wrote:The Sauber's are copying from other rivals.....

like First they copy the Same " F-Duct " as Mclaren MP4/25 .. now this wing idea from Force India as well as Red Bulls.

they are known as copiers
Welcome to F1 where it is well known to copy...

BreezyRacer

I cannot tell for sure but it appears to me that Sauber have diffuser exits that dump above the floor into the same general area where Red Bull, etc are dumping their exhausts. Does anyone else see this .. look under the rear lower a arms. A poor man's blown diffuser????