Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Sauber C29

nope, they are just in their regular place
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Shrek
Shrek

what does the cameras do when close to the wing an why not put them on the otherside of the wing mounts (Mercedes-like) because i think they may be blocking some of the airflow to the underbody
Spencer

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

wesley123 wrote:nope, they are just in their regular place
I wasn't saying the exhaust is there .. I was saying it looks like there is a diffuser exit there to energize airflow above the floor area where OTHERS are dumping the exhaust.

marcush.
marcush.

BreezyRacer wrote:I cannot tell for sure but it appears to me that Sauber have diffuser exits that dump above the floor into the same general area where Red Bull, etc are dumping their exhausts. Does anyone else see this .. look under the rear lower a arms. A poor man's blown diffuser????
but of course they don´t have a low exhaust....so they just try to energise the flow ,avoiding separation with this? ?

and on a sidenote ...the bargeboard fixation and transition towards the floorentry seems quite original to me ,as well as the sidepod vane connection to the floor is not seen elsewhere ..not just copy..
I also like their front endplate work.

Pierce89

Sauber have always been strong in the details. The FWEP is pure carbon fber sex.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

marcush.
marcush.

Pierce89 wrote:Sauber have always been strong in the details. The FWEP is pure carbon fber sex.
I would not go that far... but obviously i don´t know about your sex life.. :mrgreen:

Goran2812
Goran2812

imightbewrong wrote:Courtesy of nextgen-auto.com:
so much potential for the blown diffusor... the rear end is really tight...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Goran2812 wrote:
imightbewrong wrote:Courtesy of nextgen-auto.com:
so much potential for the blown diffusor... the rear end is really tight...
I think they are already doing it, but just not with the exhaust. look under the lower a arm in this pic. See the bulge? It looks like that's a diffuser exit into the area where RB, etc have been dumping the exhaust. These guys are trying it with airflow from the undertray/diffuser.

sticky667
sticky667

rocking7575 wrote:The Sauber's are copying from other rivals.....

like First they copy the Same " F-Duct " as Mclaren MP4/25 .. now this wing idea from Force India as well as Red Bulls.

they are known as copiers
actually BMW had a blown rear wing last year i believe.

Goran2812
Goran2812

BreezyRacer wrote: I think they are already doing it, but just not with the exhaust. look under the lower a arm in this pic. See the bulge? It looks like that's a diffuser exit into the area where RB, etc have been dumping the exhaust. These guys are trying it with airflow from the undertray/diffuser.
yeah,could be by the looks of it... the airflow is constant then, right?
don't know much about the blown difusers, to they want to achieve constant airflow or is that a bad thing in ways of disturbing the balance etc. ? :?: tnx

or,maybe... after looking the pic again, that bulge might be the intake for the DDD on the underside of the car... so the main intake that feeds the planes of the difuser...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Byronrhys

Found that lying around on the net :lol: , would be great if it was true both as a title sponsor and if f1 does go to the turbo era again.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Spa:

Burger King is back!!!

zgred

ChrisTipper
ChrisTipper

At least they have something sponsoring them, but they need a main title sponosr for next year.
Engineering student,but still learning alot about Formula One cars and I can Admit that

zgred

ChrisTipper wrote:At least they have something sponsoring them, but they need a main title sponosr for next year.
Yup...