Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gridwalker
gridwalker

Re: Sauber C29

J.F.G.I ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Pandamasque

gridwalker wrote:J.F.G.I ...
Did you hate all the tabacco sponsored teams too? You know that smoking kills, right?

roost89
roost89

ISLAMATRON wrote:why boycott Nestle?
This may not be true but one of my friends boycotts Nestlé. They apparently force mothers in Africa to feed their children on the fake milk as opposed to breast milk, thus killing millions of children.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

ISLAMATRON

force? ok then... it seems Sauber may have poached Nestle from McLaren... werent they with McLaren last couple years?

roost89
roost89

ISLAMATRON wrote:force? ok then... it seems Sauber may have poached Nestle from McLaren... werent they with McLaren last couple years?
I doubt they were forced, but those were the words he used.
They were indeed, I thought they were last year? I'm sure I saw Lewis holding a can of Nestlé.
Back on the topic of Sauber.
Nice livery Hanmer!
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

gridwalker
gridwalker

I boycott them partially over their milk policies, partly because of this : http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/dec/1 ... dpr.famine

There are a few other examples of their lack of ethics as a corporation and I always try to "vote with my wallet" ... I could go on, but I don't want to get too far off of topic.

I never boycotted the teams with tobacco sponsorship as I'm a smoker, in fact quite the opposite : on the rare occasion that I smoke straight cigarettes, I smoke Marlboro (despite a deep loathing of those damned red cars).

For more information on the boycott movement, google is your friend.

Now, back to Saubers?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

GTO

I believe Sauber has confirmed Ferrari power. Right?
Hope they get some good long term sponsors so they can contend & stay among the top 5.

So the number of teams with engine powerplants:
3 Ferrari
3 Mercedes
5 Cosworth
2 Renault

In my opinion, we need more engine variation in F1 to maintain stability.

hanmer
hanmer

Sauber C29 spec B. Added nespresso/nestle sponsorship. Not sure how well it would work on the track though.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

:? Just because they have a coffee sponsorship doesn't mean the car has to be brown.

Black looked the best, although I don't think it was realistic in terms of it actually being raced like that, especially the CF-like finish.

Once again, great job.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

thestig84
thestig84

Very good effort. I quite like the brown..almost looks a little Kevlar like.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

GTO wrote:I believe Sauber has confirmed Ferrari power. Right?
Hope they get some good long term sponsors so they can contend & stay among the top 5.

So the number of teams with engine powerplants:
3 Ferrari
3 Mercedes
5 Cosworth
2 Renault

In my opinion, we need more engine variation in F1 to maintain stability.
You have got it right there on power plants currently.

I do belive that we need two more engine only manufacturer, where no engine supplier can supply no more than 3 teams. However, it has already been rumored that for 2011 that one of the new teams, most likley Campos is lining up Ferarri power and STR ditching Ferarri for something a little more French in the form of Renault.

However, when the new engine comes in after 2012, that one Japaneese manufacturer is already looking at entering the sport after leaving as a engine only manufacturer and the already heavily rumored VW power that will supply 2 teams (Red Bull & one more).

I think that F1 needs as much competition in all departments as it can have, as long as its economically sustainable. That means more engine supplyers, at least 2 tyre manufacturers with 2 spec dry tyres with one inter and wte/extra wet for the season. As long as its economically sustainable, F1 should breed competition to drive the sport into the next era of it. Id say that ideally we should have ten engine supplyers suplying at least 30 car grids. Fifteen team grids would be an amazing for the sport i think.

I just hope that Jean Todt can do this dream and keep everyone happy.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Launch day, awaiting pics and all that shebang!!!

What time is the launch???

Earth

It's at 14:30, just found it on official web.

marinopc
marinopc

Which one is the official web??

ESPImperium
ESPImperium