Williams FW32 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Holm86

Re: Williams Cosworth FW32

Is it just me or does this wing look kinda low downforce???

raymondu999

I could be wrong but doesn't look too low on downforce. THe main plane though looks like they took it off an earlier Renault fw
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Confused_Andy

Very fragile...

TheRMVR

Francesc wrote:New FW
Williams, Renault, McLaren, RedBull, I love how some teams really turn their front wings into pieces of art that look very complicated. Yet Ferrari chooses to run a clean 2 or 3 flap wing with no fuzz on it.

volarchico

TheRMVR wrote:Williams, Renault, McLaren, RedBull, I love how some teams really turn their front wings into pieces of art that look very complicated. Yet Ferrari chooses to run a clean 2 or 3 flap wing with no fuzz on it.
Maybe the aero guys at Ferrari have contracts/job security already for another few years so they don't feel the pressure to make intricate and complex parts, but the other teams want their aero guys to do something serious to get those pay checks.

Francesc

donskar

volarchico wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:Williams, Renault, McLaren, RedBull, I love how some teams really turn their front wings into pieces of art that look very complicated. Yet Ferrari chooses to run a clean 2 or 3 flap wing with no fuzz on it.
Maybe the aero guys at Ferrari have contracts/job security already for another few years so they don't feel the pressure to make intricate and complex parts, but the other teams want their aero guys to do something serious to get those pay checks.
Effective simplicity. Less is more. What could be better? (And I'll bet the aero guys at Ferrari ARE under pressure to create an effective overall aero solution.)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Shrek

Francesc wrote:Image
What's that slot behind the Phillips in the sidepod
Spencer

axle

Mmmm I can't see a slot, I can see a green thing on top and a shadow on the side but no slot.

Did you mean the green bit? I'd assume it was a temerature indicating strip. As the rads/exhaust are in the area.
- Axle

wrcsti

axle wrote:Mmmm I can't see a slot, I can see a green thing on top and a shadow on the side but no slot.

Did you mean the green bit? I'd assume it was a temerature indicating strip. As the rads/exhaust are in the area.
I think he means the one close to the cockpit. If so it would be a hot air escape.

Shrek

right here
Spencer

wesley123

that is just an illusion, cooling holes arent even allowed in that area
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

zgred

zgred

Byronrhys

This car is looking genuinely fast now that the season is coming to an end, hopefully they can continue this form with the FW33.