Mercedes GP MGP W01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
CHT
CHT

Re: Is this the new Mercedes? EDIT: No

wrigs wrote:Look at the sculpting of that engine cover! It looks like the top air-intake could break off. I do hate that brushed aluminium look though - together with the seemingly arbitrary black and green airbrush, it looks so "work in progress"-like.
There are 2 additional intake holes behind the top air-inlet. (right next to the black Mercedes Benz logo)

timbo

Seems to me like single keel is back

Raptor22

CHT wrote:
wrigs wrote:Look at the sculpting of that engine cover! It looks like the top air-intake could break off. I do hate that brushed aluminium look though - together with the seemingly arbitrary black and green airbrush, it looks so "work in progress"-like.
There are 2 additional intake holes behind the top air-inlet. (right next to the black Mercedes Benz logo)

pics??

you sure those are not the holes for the looping the lifting tackle through when removing the carfrom the track?

raceman

timbo wrote:Seems to me like single keel is back
this is a much steeper nose compared to all other cars released

another Brawn trick?? :|

imightbewrong

Raptor22 wrote:
CHT wrote:

pics??

you sure those are not the holes for the looping the lifting tackle through when removing the carfrom the track?
http://twitpic.com/10u3uw

horse

Sculpting seems very detailed on the engine cover. I'm not surprised to see the V nose after all the testing they did for one last season. It seems like Ross has done what he promised and has put the engine in the right place. This car must be a contender, surely? It doesn't look as long as some of the others...
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

djones

"It seems like Ross has done what he promised and has put the engine in the right place."

In what way?

horse

Well, there was the fact that the chassis was not built for the Mercedes engine last year, and looking at the sculpting around the engine, compared to the BGP001, it looks like the engine is a much more integral part of the design rather than an add on.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Fil

djones wrote:"It seems like Ross has done what he promised and has put the engine in the right place."
In what way?
he had it placed in the engine bay & longitudinally :lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

myurr

raceman wrote: this is a much steeper nose compared to all other cars released

another Brawn trick?? :|
Reminds me of the Williams nose from last season, the way it bulges and is sculpted underneath like that.

zgred

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

MattyT

image needs to be enhanced :)

Super Troopers "Enhance. Enhance. Enhance."

raceman

MattyT wrote:image needs to be enhanced :)

yep

gotta see the diffuser :twisted:

horse

Like the Williams, it has no centre uprights for the rear wing. Just a weird flippy up bit where one should be...

myurr

MattyT wrote:image needs to be enhanced :)

Best I can do:

Doesn't look like there's anything special going on down there. Surprising really.