Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
donskar

Re: Hispania F110

wesley123 wrote:I really believe Willis is the only onew keeping this team together. He is on loan basis, so if he gets an offer and accept it he is gone and then they dont have a car next year. I really hope this is going to happen, this is worse then Minardi, but with Minardi it was rather ok as they at least had the passion for racing.
+1.
Minardi lasted for several years; scored a few points; introduced some outstanding young drivers to F1. And is my memory failing or wasn't Aldo Costa their top tech guy for a while?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

wesley123

nacho wrote:I hope this bad press doesn't throw them into a downward spiral... Would be a lot more convincing and tempting for the sponsors and pay drivers when you can promise a good car. Good car -> more money -> better upgrades on the car -> more performance -> more money.
It is a circle, very simple like you explained. Bad car -> Less sponsors-> Less money -> Worse car. It is an simple circle that cannot seem to be broken. You can say what you want about them, but they are creating this downward spiral all by themselves. You can say Dallara had delivered a bad chassis, but Dallara is not responsible for HRT not paying the bills. They've created this mess from the start, by not paying the Dallara bills you get a shitheap of a car, they just get what they deserve dont they?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

marcush.

maybe technically the williams gearbox integration is not that huge effort but speedwise this cannot be a huge step.
the car lacks downforce and for this you would need a decent development programme ..which they have not started ,,,declaring the car a complete waste of recources early on...so they are done...
what about starting the season with the old tub? was it possible to only introduce the new tub (homologation)later in the year or would it be they need to homologate their tub before seaon start and are not allowed to run their old piece of kit??

nacho

I would assume they are stuck with the homologated parts they run at the first race.

Of course they could bolt on new suspensions, wings, floor and other bodywork. If they can design and make this stuff somewhere or get them ordered.

JGomezH

Hispania HRT combined times GP Abu Dhabi and testers Pastor Maldonado, Josef Kral and Davide Valsecchi.

Last edited by JGomezH on 17 Nov 2010, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

eddie

Guys the above time is impressive for the HRT comparing it to their race / quali times...are they running under weight...maybe to try and attract sponsors?

ESPImperium

eddie wrote:Guys the above time is impressive for the HRT comparing it to their race / quali times...are they running under weight...maybe to try and attract sponsors?
If you saw the car today it was underweight, it only had Bridgestone, Cosworth and the HRT logo on it.

Belatti

There is something odd about that laptime...

The track had more rubber and that led to good laptimes, Ricciardo in the RB6 close to Vettels pole the main example...

But 1.3 secs is a lot!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

scuderiafan

I laughed out loud seeing that table. Pastor is 1.3 seconds faster than the fastest time set in Abu Dhabi by Senna, which came in Q1. By that time the driver has the rhythm down for the track. If this is any indicator of his F1 performance, he will do very well!
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

747heavy

ESPImperium wrote:
eddie wrote:Guys the above time is impressive for the HRT comparing it to their race / quali times...are they running under weight...maybe to try and attract sponsors?
If you saw the car today it was underweight, it only had Bridgestone, Cosworth and the HRT logo on it.

That would be very interesting - IMHO.
Does that mean, that HRT´s car could carry a heap of ballast?
I can see, they run low fuel/low weight, but to be actually able to run under weight, would be impressive for them.
Not saying that it is impossible.
Last edited by 747heavy on 17 Nov 2010, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

marcush.

there was talks at the start of the season that no car of the new teams was hitting the track at minimum weight and as a matter of fact no one was able to carry ballast for balancing .
this might be an indication of willis work concentrated on making the thing lighter ..? It might to a degree explain as well the apparent development in terms of speed for HRT as they seem to not get trounced more and more but managed to keep the gap right till the end.

pipex

I heard a rumour that Hispania is already testing its 2011 car :wink: :lol:
"We will have to wait and see".

JGomezH

Faster GP2 lap was 1:48.559 (O. Turvey) in qualy.

This 1:43 by Maldonado and Valsecchi were near 5.5 seconds faster. :wink:

FW17

Will HRT be able buy and run the FW31 with a new tank

wesley123

WilliamsF1 wrote:Will HRT be able buy and run the FW31 with a new tank
No
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender