Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
forty-two

Re: Hispania F110

Sorry for being a tad off topic (more about the team than the car), but something occurred to me the other day when I heard that Hispania had "left" F.O.T.A.

While it could be simply that they're broke, or can't justify the expenditure to belong to a club which they might not need membership for by halfway through the season, or that their PR story about FOTA "not being for the small teams" but I then remembered what Bernie had to say about Hispania a couple of times through 2010.

Could it be that MrE has decided to give HRT a bung, but insisted that they pull out of FOTA in return? Or actually do you guys think that Bernie would RATHER have a team "on the payroll" remain within FOTA in order to have an insider?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

dren

forty-two wrote:Sorry for being a tad off topic (more about the team than the car), but something occurred to me the other day when I heard that Hispania had "left" F.O.T.A.

While it could be simply that they're broke, or can't justify the expenditure to belong to a club which they might not need membership for by halfway through the season, or that their PR story about FOTA "not being for the small teams" but I then remembered what Bernie had to say about Hispania a couple of times through 2010.

Could it be that MrE has decided to give HRT a bung, but insisted that they pull out of FOTA in return? Or actually do you guys think that Bernie would RATHER have a team "on the payroll" remain within FOTA in order to have an insider?
I don't think it is that involved. I think a team with such a tight budget would much rather have the $100,000 fee than to take part in an organization that does not benefit them. That is what Koles said, I don't think there is much more to it. Purely a money ordeal.
Honda!

ecapox

dren wrote: I don't think it is that involved. I think a team with such a tight budget would much rather have the $100,000 fee than to take part in an organization that does not benefit them. That is what Koles said, I don't think there is much more to it. Purely a money ordeal.
I think they are so strapped for cash that they decided "Hey, FOTA is marginally working for us and we are spending 100K a year for that. Why not just leave, toss the 100K into our car and hope for the best."

They dont NEED to be in FOTA but i am sure they NEED the money for their car. Who are their sponsors this year? Wasnt there going to be some PR about their main sponsor for 2011 soon...according to HRT?

Ill gladly buy anyone in the Atlanta GA area a beer if they are on the starting grid for the first race in 2011.

adrianjordan

forty-two wrote:Could it be that MrE has decided to give HRT a bung, but insisted that they pull out of FOTA in return? Or actually do you guys think that Bernie would RATHER have a team "on the payroll" remain within FOTA in order to have an insider?
I don't know. Given how much BE has supported Chandok then I would have given the theory more credence if Karun was back in the car...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

dren

ecapox wrote:
dren wrote: I don't think it is that involved. I think a team with such a tight budget would much rather have the $100,000 fee than to take part in an organization that does not benefit them. That is what Koles said, I don't think there is much more to it. Purely a money ordeal.
I think they are so strapped for cash that they decided "Hey, FOTA is marginally working for us and we are spending 100K a year for that. Why not just leave, toss the 100K into our car and hope for the best."

They dont NEED to be in FOTA but i am sure they NEED the money for their car. Who are their sponsors this year? Wasnt there going to be some PR about their main sponsor for 2011 soon...according to HRT?

Ill gladly buy anyone in the Atlanta GA area a beer if they are on the starting grid for the first race in 2011.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. When I said "have the 100k fee" I meant retain the 100k that they would otherwise spend on the FOTA.
Honda!

Lurk

adrianjordan wrote:
forty-two wrote:Could it be that MrE has decided to give HRT a bung, but insisted that they pull out of FOTA in return? Or actually do you guys think that Bernie would RATHER have a team "on the payroll" remain within FOTA in order to have an insider?
I don't know. Given how much BE has supported Chandok then I would have given the theory more credence if Karun was back in the car...
Does not Ecclestone provide 24 cars on the grid due to TV rights ?

I know there is a minimum number of cars guaranteed but not sure of how much...

Florio

Lurk wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:
Does not Ecclestone provide 24 cars on the grid due to TV rights ?

I know there is a minimum number of cars guaranteed but not sure of how much...
Depends on your position in the constructors, and it's no where near enough to support a whole team.

JGomezH

First day of the F110plus and Narain in Valencia

sticky667

107% is pointless right now since they are using the 2010 car, and also the first day of testing is just that, testing, not full race trim.

ESPImperium

Read NOTHING into the times of today, as Hispania have the F111 on the way. And at current, theres absolutley no point into reading into the times, simply because there was 2011 and 2010 cars on track and some cars arnt fully running at 110% yet. Some will be running underweight, some overweight, others with engines retarded yada, yada.

Once Bahrain comes, then ill start to look at testing times with a little more intrest, now its all about distance, and what team has done the most for relyability purposes.

dice782

Unofficial Times:
01. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:13.307s 108 laps
02. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Renault 1:13.614s +0.307 43 laps
03. Paul di Resta Di Resta Force India Mercedes 1:13.844s +0.537 111 laps
04. Lewis Hamilton McLaren Mercedes 1:14.353s +1.046 83 laps
05. Robert Kubica Renault 1:14.412s +1.105 104 laps
06. Narain Karthikeyan HRT Cosworth 1:14.472s +1.165 80 laps
07. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:14.645s +1.338 69 laps
08. Timo Glock Virgin Cosworth 1:15.408s +2.101 34 laps
09. Rubens Barrichello Williams Cosworth 1:16.023s +2.716 51 laps
10. Sergio Perez Sauber Ferrari 1:16.198s +2.891 42 laps
11. Pastor Maldonado Williams Cosworth 1:16.266s +2.959 29 laps
12. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso Ferrari 1:16.359s +3.052 46 laps
13. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso Ferrari 1:16.474s +3.167 64 laps
14. Mark Webber Red Bull Renault 1:17.365s +4.058 17 laps
15. Hiekki Kovalainen Lotus Renault 1:20.649s +7.342 15 laps

Yes times are nothing but interesting result. Good for publicity or maybe it’s true what Kolles was saying about the car not being driven to its full potential?

thestig84

dice782 wrote: Yes times are nothing but interesting result. Good for publicity or maybe it’s true what Kolles was saying about the car not being driven to its full potential?
No, utter rubbish. Like you said times mean nothing. HRT tried so many drivers last year I think Kolles looks quite stupid as he choose them and they are bound to give a pretty good average of the cars performance.

JGomezH

Updated and combined data

PlatinumZealot

This car should be legal to run in Bahrain if only just the upper diffuser is blocked off right? :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏