Relative qualities of the 2010 cars

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Relative qualities of the 2010 cars

Also on that short new section on Bahrain. The Ferrari and Red Bull just cruised on the bump on full throttle. The McLarens were so stiff (presumably so that their ride height didn't change much) that they had to coast over the bump, almost
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Belatti

ESPImperium wrote:Im following this on my data sheets for 2010, and the results for speed are as follows:

Red Bull-Renault
McLaren-Mercedes
Scuderia Ferrari
Mercedes GP
Renault F1
STR-Ferarri
Williams Cosworth
Force India-Mercedes
BMW Sauber-Ferrari
Lotus Cosworth
Virgin Cosworth
Hispania-Cosworth
Force India was definitively faster than STR and Williams
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

I think Ferrari were probably faster than the McLs too
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium

Belatti wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Im following this on my data sheets for 2010, and the results for speed are as follows:

Red Bull-Renault
McLaren-Mercedes
Scuderia Ferrari
Mercedes GP
Renault F1
STR-Ferarri
Williams Cosworth
Force India-Mercedes
BMW Sauber-Ferrari
Lotus Cosworth
Virgin Cosworth
Hispania-Cosworth
Force India was definitively faster than STR and Williams
Generally, this is true, but that was pre China, the post china stats show something different, all due to a poor Liuzzi quali session. For speed, i use average difference to P1 % quali times, for relyability i use average finishing posistions.

The fact that the STR guys qualified solidly, and the Williams guys had a equally solid Quali was the diffrence.

outer_bongolia

ESPImperium wrote:For speed, i use average difference to P1 % quali times, for relyability i use average finishing posistions.

The fact that the STR guys qualified solidly, and the Williams guys had a equally solid Quali was the diffrence.
I'm sure you have posted it before in one of the forums, but do you display your data regularly on a website?
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

segedunum

raymondu999 wrote:I think Ferrari were probably faster than the McLs too
Possibly. The difficulty is that Ferrari didn't look as fast as they should have and as fast as they looked, relatively speaking, in winter testing. In addition, McLaren are gaining a lot of time in one main area - in a straight line - at tracks so far that pay dividends that might be skewing how things look, so it'll be interesting to see what happens come the European races which have different characteristics.

Poleman

I have to disagree,you tend to mention all the time the advantage in a straight line...Im afraid thats not the case...As we seen in Malaysia and China that Renault and Force India reached up similar and close speed on the McLarens.Did they win the race or any race so far?No.Were they faster or equal of the top teams?Maybe Renault but still No.So the Mclaren car doesnt seem to be weak or depending its performance only on its straight line.IMHO.

raymondu999

I think what they've done mostly though, is set up for faster cornering. So say you'd have a 30 degree wing at a certain track. Add more wing, such that the top speed remains, but then they can corner faster.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

Actually on the RB6's tyre consumption, I don't get why people are saying it. Is there conclusive evidence of this? I don't think I've ever seen it. Newey DID design the 2005 McLaren, which was very light on its tyres, remember?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

timbo

raymondu999 wrote:Actually on the RB6's tyre consumption, I don't get why people are saying it. Is there conclusive evidence of this? I don't think I've ever seen it. Newey DID design the 2005 McLaren, which was very light on its tyres, remember?
Quoted yourself from RB6 thread
raymondu999 wrote:Hey all. We know quite well that the RB6 seems to be very hard on its tyres. Is this something that can actually be addressed in the car's upgrades, or does it need a complete rework of the existing car philosophy?
Hey all. We know quite well that the RB6 seems to be very hard on its tyres. Is this something that can actually be addressed in the car's upgrades, or does it need a complete rework of the existing car philosophy?
Dude, what?? :roll:

raymondu999

Yes I know. But then you said, "What makes you think RedBull is hard on tyres? Haven't noticed any problems." and this in turn has made me question my belief.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium

outer_bongolia wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:For speed, i use average difference to P1 % quali times, for relyability i use average finishing posistions.

I'm sure you have posted it before in one of the forums, but do you display your data regularly on a website?
This year, not untill after Barcelona. Im not doing it as often this year in an attempt to keep data fresh and better for direct comparison.

If you would like me to post my data i will, but id like to post after Barcelona so to be able to see how much improvement has happened in the 3 week break for each and every team.

outer_bongolia

ESPImperium wrote:
outer_bongolia wrote:

This year, not untill after Barcelona. Im not doing it as often this year in an attempt to keep data fresh and better for direct comparison.

If you would like me to post my data i will, but id like to post after Barcelona so to be able to see how much improvement has happened in the 3 week break for each and every team.
I would definitely appreciate that. Will you be putting it on race forums?
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

ESPImperium

I only post on this one exclusivly. So stay tuned, as ill have a few intresting results coming your way.

marcush.

ref 2010 cars .

was Toyota planning a twin keel car?

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=14579049