Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
munudeges
munudeges

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

BBC F1 pit-lane reporter Ted Kravitz: "There was an amusing incident on Friday when the teams' personnel were all waiting outside the paddock for the 1500 local time end of the overnight curfew. Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost marched past the line of mechanics thinking it did not apply to him - only to find out that it did, and that his oversight meant he had used up one of the four 'jokers' teams are allowed to play if they need to work on their cars outside the permitted times."
Whoops..........

MIKEY_!

That would have been awkward.

PlatinumZealot

The car is unlocking guys. It beat a Merc fair and square. Just like I said it would in winter testing!

I even hear RedBull will lift the downforce restrictions off the TR for Brazil and Abu Dahbi. (Yep I believe RedBull limit the TR downforce).
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

PNSD
PNSD

Soooooo it has nothing to do with the recent update they had on the car?

Why on earth would they have a downforce limit?

Where is your source? Where do you hear this?

gridwalker
gridwalker

Why do you believe that? The cars have diverged since 2008 and I see no reason why Red Bull should fear their sister team when the other grandee teams have so much difficulty getting close.

What would RB achieve through clipping TR's wings?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

ell66
ell66

n smikle wrote:The car is unlocking guys. It beat a Merc fair and square. Just like I said it would in winter testing!

I even hear RedBull will lift the downforce restrictions off the TR for Brazil and Abu Dahbi. (Yep I believe RedBull limit the TR downforce).
Some of your posts are truly ridiculous.

raymondu999

ell66 wrote:
n smikle wrote:The car is unlocking guys. It beat a Merc fair and square. Just like I said it would in winter testing!

+1.

Even if STR was only the B team they'd still rather STR finish 5th rather than 8th
ๅคฑ่ดฅ่€…ๆ‰พ็†็”ฑ๏ผŒๆˆๅŠŸ่€…ๆ‰พๆ–นๆณ•

marcush.
marcush.

I think TR is a good example of a very good base car and just a lack of some incredients to make the move to the front.
In some instances they hit the sweet spot for whatever reason and the two gentlemen drive easily into the top 10 and at the snip of the fingers they return back to lotus /Williams levels.
I think it must be something of predictions for the race weekend -simulations that is the issue with performance these days.
Those teams who really understand how to adapt the car to the track tyres and conditions are the ones who move forward.
At the beginning of the year teams did not understand the tyres very well ,now it looks the teams know better how to set up the car suiting prime and option tyres and race +qualy conditions.
Iยดm still not convinced by TRs drivers ...maybe their feedback is not helpful or TR does not really listen to them when it comes to setup -as we have heard before-

raymondu999

come to think of it; Hungary onwards the team never had a good baseline did they? I mean, in 2009 they had Bourdais who had driven the tracks the year before, then in Hungary they were faced with 2 folks who didn't know how to setup the car at each specific location.

PlatinumZealot

ell66 wrote:

Just watch in Brazil and Abu Dhabi.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

PNSD
PNSD

n smikle wrote: Just watch in Brazil and Abu Dhabi.
ERMM Yeah, they just had a significant upgrade to their car.

Like I said, where is your source??

"Just watch in Brazil and Abu Dhabi" is not justification for your crazy reasons. Get real about this and look at the real circumstances. What reason would RedBull have to limit STR's downforce? At least to the point where they are only faster than Lotus, HRT and Virgin? Where is the gain?

Or are you joking with us?

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

PNSD wrote:
n smikle wrote: Just watch in Brazil and Abu Dhabi.
ERMM Yeah, they just had a significant upgrade to their car.

Like I said, where is your source??

"Just watch in Brazil and Abu Dhabi" is not justification for your crazy reasons. Get real about this and look at the real circumstances. What reason would RedBull have to limit STR's downforce? At least to the point where they are only faster than Lotus, HRT and Virgin? Where is the gain?

Or are you joking with us?
I'm guessing it's simply him justifying his missed "prediction" of them being podium contenders in the pre-season with excuses of RBR limiting their performance.

raymondu999

There we go :mrgreen:
n smikle wrote:Trust me on this one, and say it with me: Torro. Rosso. Is. Third fastest.

Remember Noah's ark? Yes? - Then get on the boat and ask questions later.

Trailer23

The thing about STR is that its cursed for life being labelled 'The B-Team'.

I doubt that RBR is holding them back from anything, but they just don't have resources the front contenders do.

Jaime's move on Nico was a good one, but then again it was on an account of Nico's error which Jaime pointed out as well.

The upgrades are finally coming together, but will they be enough to make a final push against Sauber & Force India.

I (personally) predict that 2012 will move STR somewhere in the range Force India. Behind MercGP obviously.

Trailer23

How good would STR be if RBR lent Adrian Newey as a Chief Technical Officer for a year or two?