Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
H. Zedozil

Re: Ferrari F150

Scarbs twitter: Marmorini "There’s a new dragging system for the KERS, a new crankshaft, change the cooling and lubricating systems" dragging system?

imightbewrong

ESPImperium

Di Montezemolo sounding like a Politician... Maybes he will become the new Presedent of Italy.

myurr

agf1 wrote:
Crabbia wrote:can anyone see where the exhausts exit?
nice question. I can't. Blown diffusers are banned aren't they?
Openings into the diffuser are all but banned, but there are ways to still blow the diffuser. See scarbs latest post: http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/01/2 ... solutions/

n_anirudh

Aldo Costa mentioned that the cockpit was raised, so was the drivers platforma nd also the engine intake...

Engine scoops seems inspired from Merc last year. Very basic.

Are the front wheel rims legal this year?

Raptor22

That rear wing is very different to last years wing.
the front wing element is the same but the nose cone and suport struts are different too

H. Zedozil

n_anirudh wrote:Are the front wheel rims legal this year?
No more shaped wheel spokes:

After the static front wheel fairings that abounded in 2009, were banned and the wheel design homologated, there must have been some surprise that Ferrari managed to create an aerodynamic wheel shape in 2010. This is partly limited now by the restriction on surface area for spokes and shaping. The limited only allows 13% of the wheel centre to be spoked, meaning that a ten spoke wheel has to have spokes just 16mm wide.

“12.4.6 When viewed perpendicular to the plane formed by the outer face of the wheel and between the diameters of 120mm and 270mm the wheel may have an area of no greater than 24,000mm2.”

myurr

Raptor22 wrote:That rear wing is very different to last years wing.
the front wing element is the same but the nose cone and suport struts are different too
Yeah that rear wing looks full 2011 spec with the top flap able to move. You can see the hinge on the central support. Nose is much higher than last year.

Car looks very simple in concept and execution, but looks can be deceptive. I'm a McLaren fan but I'd bet that Ferrari will be right up there again this year.

agf1

n_anirudh wrote:Aldo Costa mentioned that the cockpit was raised, so was the drivers platforma nd also the engine intake...

yes they are. They will change them soon probably.

Flanker27

Hello everybody, I'm new but I "lurked" on this forum from two years 'till today...

about the car, I can report some info that engineers released during the resentation:
-this front wing is the old 2010 one, the rear wing is just a 2011 sec, but it will change very much during the developement
-the nose and the driver's seat are now higher, and consequently the airbox is higher too
-kers is now smaller and lighter
-technicians worked hard on fuel consumption

p.s. sorry for my poor english

Blackout

Waw the did everything in order to keep a single pieced oil tank ! the MGU is inclined !

http://cdn.speciali.ferrari.com/foto_big/9.jpg

H. Zedozil

agf1 wrote:
n_anirudh wrote:Aldo Costa mentioned that the cockpit was raised, so was the drivers platforma nd also the engine intake...

yes they are. They will change them soon probably.
Scarbs: The wheel rims could be legal as long as the combined spoke\vane area meets the maximum surface area in the rules

Flanker27

ESPImperium wrote:Di Montezemolo sounding like a Politician... Maybes he will become the new Presedent of Italy.
Considering that in the rest of the world, even in 3rd world countries, people is rightly "ROTFL" about our actual prime minister (and about our country), everybody else in that place would be better...

mx_tifoso

I'm anxious to see the split top view comparisons between this and the F10.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.