Sauber C30 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Sauber C30 Ferrari

Kaivo wrote:mh, no RB style EBD ?
Could be good for them in future.

zgred

Pierce89

ell66 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
Francesc wrote:New front wing
]
Sweet!! Looks better than Macca's version that originated this concept. Looks more organic than the Macca less Transformer.Seem's like Red Bull planes with Macca cascades and winglets with their own endplate design. I LIKES!!
hows it looks better? its far simpler more like, only the one elemet rather than the two on the mclarens. the planes are similar to the red bull from about ayear ago also.
Well, you're dead wrong about "only the one element rather than the two on the Mclaren's". It's a three plane wing like Mclaren. But' I didn't say it worked better I said it looks better aesthetically. I think it seems more organic than the Macca, which seems very "transformer" in comparison. Are you happy now?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bot6
bot6

He's talking about the little curved foil inboard from the cascade. Which is one element on the new C30 wing and two on the McLaren.

Remember, "looks better" is a subjective judgment, not everybody sees aesthetics the same way.

beelsebob
beelsebob

bot6 wrote:He's talking about the little curved foil inboard from the cascade. Which is one element on the new C30 wing and two on the McLaren.

Remember, "looks better" is a subjective judgment, not everybody sees aesthetics the same way.
The slight issue here is that I think some people are interpreting "looks better" to mean "that looks like a better part" rather than "that part is a more aesthetically pleasing one". Probably a fair assumption on a forum about technical stuff.

bot6
bot6

Well, before we know about that we'll have to see it in action. But I must say I do find it technically elegant that they kept the solution fairly simple compared to McLaren's. Whereas McLaren's front wing is a study of complexity, a bit like the inner workings of a Swiss watch.

Anyway, there's just no need to bicker about the whole thing...

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

im pretty sure they havent even ran with that element on the FW today, so kind of a pointless conversation.

PlatinumZealot

Anybody has pictures of the new exhaust?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Interesting to see that Sauber are using a 3d-printed end on the end plate. Won't add that much weight and will let them experiment much more quickly with different designs!

bot6
bot6

Or it's just a testing part that hasn't been varnished.

Formula None
Formula None

bot6
bot6

So they really do use wood for the planks!

adrianjordan

bot6 wrote:So they really do use wood for the planks!
Yep. One of the most ironic things about this sport is that these cars are high-tech works of art and yet all of them have a ruddy great plank of plywood on the bottom!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

3one
3one

Isn't it that the purpose of the plank is to make sure the car doesn't bottom out during the race and FIA checks the plank after the race? or i may be mistaken...

marcush.
marcush.

it´s a dedicated laminated material called jabroc :

http://www.jabroc.com/

so there is not much you can do to avoid it and why should you.