Force India VJM04 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
adrianjordan

Re: Force India VJM04 Mercedes

volarchico wrote:Good prediction, came true today...
Though to be fair, one of the Williams' was outqualified by both Force Indias...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

sriraj1031

wanted to know if Force india are using the updates they tested in spain or are they good in mechanical grip side; Cause they seem to be doing weLl with sutil ATLEAST in fP1 AND fP2

Formula None

mangesh

were they running old FW? :o

wesley123

They have tested a new rear wing with slits in the end plates, further I did not see anything new, would expect them to test a developped version of the copied mclaren wing.

Anyway, with Hulkenberg behind the wheel, Sutil being indicted. With statements of Maliya that his trust in Sutil isnt infinite, could it be possible that Sutil is being replaced for the next race?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ESPImperium

I recon that Sutil will be away to Williams before the end of they year, leaving Hulkenberg and Di Resta to it. As we have seen this year at Sauber and now at STR, a couple of young drivers at the wheel can actually be good for the team in terms of pace, Sauber has also shown that they have the where with all to develop the car with Kimui, and Bueni is now showing that he can develop the car at STR as they are the 2 #1 drivers at those teams in my eyes.

If Hulkenberg replaces Sutil he will have to be the Defacto #1, for the team, but id recon that Di Resta will up his game to try and snatch that title in the team. It may not be good for this year, but for next year a Hulkenberg/Di Resta lineup id recon will be in place.

gibells

The thing that struck me about that video was- no Medion sponsorship to be seen. Isn't Medion Sutil's big backer?

Edit: Daaah. Just seen it. Small nowdays though, isn't it.

ESPImperium

Also a thing to think about is that Medion has been recently in take over talks in the buisness pages from Chineese company Lenovo (McLaren sponsor).

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/73fcf1cc-8c53 ... z1OgSdSW1y

Could mean an end to Sutil bringing €4m from Medion, would mean he can only bring €500,000 from Capri Sun as a personal sponsor. He brings at current €4.5m to Force India.

PlatinumZealot

He's not really a pay driver by now. I know VJ likes to boast that all his drivers are paid.

You guys notice that the Force India runs active suspension in the test? it could be really easy for a team to sneak it on in a Championship race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

sriraj1031

new front wing without the lump below

Francesc

PhillipM

That transistion at the exhaust collector seems a bit abrupt :wtf:

Formula None

Robbobnob

Active suspension system, possibly to test the effects of various rake angles on the aero efficiency and downforce perhaps? otherwise why else?
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna