Williams FW33

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
aleks_ader

Re: Williams FW33

Hmm what is this extention from front left cooling duct?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

gilgen wrote:
aleksandergreat wrote:Hmm what actuall they measured with this extra tubes? And where those extra tubes goes?

My geuss is some sort of flow measurmend or?
My guess is that these are just to ensure exhaust exits low down whilst in the garage, otherwise those who are standing close to the car would all have pretty red faces!
He he safety first! Thx
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Richard
Richard

They will be ducting the exhaust gasses out of the garage when the engine is running. I'd have thought carbon monoxide would be more of a concern than the heat!

Note the ducts blowing air trough the radiators too.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

"carbon monoxide would be more of a concern"

This motor racing! The F1 mechanics are privileged to be able to take in such gases. Next you will have the Environmental Protection types monitoring the garages (in those few countries that gave such agencies where F1 races).

At a minimum appreciate that someone had the forethought be design, fab and bring the extensions to the test. This is F1 at its best.

Brian

PhillipM
PhillipM

hardingfv32 wrote: At a minimum appreciate that someone had the forethought be design, fab and bring the extensions to the test. This is F1 at its best.

Brian
Not kidding, every time I stand behind our racer whilst it's idling I last about ten seconds before my eyes are watering and my throat is starting to burn :lol:

Isak
Isak

aleksandergreat wrote:Image

Hmm what is this extention from front left cooling duct?
temp sensors scanning the whole width of the tire, i presume.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

PhillipM wrote:
hardingfv32 wrote: At a minimum appreciate that someone had the forethought be design, fab and bring the extensions to the test. This is F1 at its best.

Brian
Not kidding, every time I stand behind our racer whilst it's idling I last about ten seconds before my eyes are watering and my throat is starting to burn :lol:
That is a very poor performance UNLESS you are talking about a nitromethane dragster. No mask and no ear protection, that is the real test!

Brian

PhillipM
PhillipM

Nah, it's a rotary engine on race pre-mix, I quite like the fumes from nitro-meth tbh :lol:

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

And the sound, while very annoying, is almost as loud!

Brian

Coefficient
Coefficient

aleksandergreat wrote:Image

Hmm what actuall they measured with this extra tubes? And where those extra tubes goes?

My geuss is some sort of flow measurmend or?

Hmm, I don't think they're measuring anything there. The engine is probably go through installation/warm up cycles to loosen up the internal tolerances before hitting the track. The pipes are channeling the exhaust gasses safely away from the engineers just you would see at any garage.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

scuderiafan

I can say (maybe for the whole of us) that the Williams FW33 was the biggest disappointment this year.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Neno
Neno

scuderiafan wrote:I can say (maybe for the whole of us) that the Williams FW33 was the biggest disappointment this year.
the worst f1 car in William's history

MIKEY_!

scuderiafan wrote:I can say (maybe for the whole of us) that the Williams FW33 was the biggest disappointment this year.
+1 absolutely! =D>

MIKEY_!

Neno wrote:the worst f1 car in William's history
Actually yes! Their lowest scoring season!

timbo
timbo

MIKEY_! wrote:
Neno wrote:the worst f1 car in William's history
Actually yes! Their lowest scoring season!
Wow, and that with current generous points system :?