Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
forty-two

Re: Red Bull RB7

Formula None wrote:Let's keep it that way. No need to turn it into a McLaren thread. When some decent images surface, some discussion worth reading might actually occur. I hope we can all agree on this and not go all CSI on a photo of a tarpaulin.
And you "keep it that way" by adding a comment! :lol:
And of course I'm now guilty of same.

But while I agree that we're discussing something which none of us know anything much about (for the moment), so it's important that we don't fill umpteen pages with twaddle (again, guilty as charged!), I don't think that's a fair accusation about the McLaren thread.

If you cast your eye over the MP4-25 thread (which I assume you mean), you'll actually find some very clever analysis of what the F-Duct was before anyone really knew what it was all about. I therefore don't think it's really fair to cite the McLaren MP4-25 thread as an example of a thread "gone bad".
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

adrianjordan

(Also guilty by posting this)

I suspect he means the MP4-26 thread which is already well over 20 pages...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

thestig84

Hopefully this isnt too off topic. An interesting review of the design process of the RB6. Looking at the computer technology involved. I know this is the RB7 thread but RedBull would have gone through the same processes this year.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/general/ ... ogy-part-1

Ferraripilot

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

The wait for RB7 is far worse now than it was prior to most everyone else showing their hands.

I believe RB7 to be a further evolution of RB6 and to look very much like W02.

segedunum

Raptor22 wrote:if thats the RB7 underthe covers thenit has a lower nose than RB6..
That's certainly what I'm expecting, although I very much doubt that image gives us any perspective on the car at all.

Let's try and keep the speculation about the car reasonable until tomorrow morning. I do find these car threads reasonably interesting to keep up on things at times. This is not about GT5, and other car threads have already been wrecked unfortunately.

mx_tifoso

All X1 related posts were moved to the thread for such car that is now located in the OT.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

segedunum

I also look forward to a game of "Where's Red Bull's exhausts?" being played tomorrow, or today as it happens.

raymondu999

The wait is killing me now. Renault and Lotus have both released their renault-powered, pullrod-endowed (we think, for 1malaysia) solutions for the year. Makes me wanna see how Red Bull have dealt with the regulations for 2011. It's a stretch to say Lotus will be anywhere near Red Bull this year, but Renault could put up a good fight.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

tic tac... 72min to go
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

myurr

It begins. Looks like a conservative evolution at first glance, but there's no detail yet...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89185

myurr

A few more pics on the teams website in the main banner - just click past the 2010 image.

shadowkhas

That's all for me...I need some sleep!
Last edited by shadowkhas on 01 Feb 2011, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

Formula None

myurr wrote:It begins. Looks like a conservative evolution at first glance, but there's no detail yet...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89185
They've kept as much of the shark's fin as they could, so they didn't have to cut the bulls tail!

Looks absolutely amazing from that top view.
Last edited by Formula None on 01 Feb 2011, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.

wickerbill

DCS solution looks similar to R31 - no central pylon...

FrukostScones

:o thats a rear :o damn...

they rolled it into a corner to prevent diffuser pics :(
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.