Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

volarchico wrote:You definitely have my interest and I respect your intellect, but in some ways I agree with flynfrog that you come across sounding like a pompous arse.

EDIT: Is there any technical reason to "hold back" your insights or is this just all theatrics to appear more important?
Just want the rb8 to launch first really, added to that i dont really have the time.
So i'll try for the 6th. I'll show the CFD as well and why this certain shape is beneficial. It's not the ellipse though.

The model i presented is 2011 rules it needs to be changed to 2012, i am trying to find the time for that as well.

So far none of the new cars have the rb7 sidepods on a macroscopic level.
For Sure!!

i70q7m7ghw

ringo wrote:Next innovation is........

The use of the ellipse. Most people don't know this, but the ellipse is the most efficient aerodynamic shape. It has to do with aerodynamic loading along the length of a load bearing surface.
It's a shape unlike the rectancle where the ellipse only has as much surface as is required to get the maximum use out of.
A wing cannot make full use of a rectangular profile in all attitudes. For a delta profile, it lacks surface. Between the rectangle and a delta shape, there is the ellipse.
This is really a relationship between wing loading and wing area. The vortices are also less on the ellipse.

This little gem is used all over the RB7. If you look on the front wings you will notice that the curves are elliptical. A very beautiful curve, but it's not about looks. The underside of the wing makes this even more clear.

This shape is also optimal in any orientation. Engine air intake, the radiator cooling exit at the back of the car, for example. Look on what shape redbull use. This is old school aero knowledge, used when planes stall characteristics were critical due the craft being completely controlled by human hnads but it still holds. We dont see it as prevalently but it's still used in front view of some of the new passgenger planes.

Not only does the ellipse work, but even segments of this shape. Pagani uses this on his super cars. It's not a state secret, but i kinda liked having that little gem to use on my car design. Everyone will be using it now. :cry:

There are a few more things and shapes with the sidepods, but i'll say later.
What are you smoking?

ringo

Ha ha.
Same thing Ferrari are smoking. Look on that 2012 car. No sound mind could create that. :P

Can't wait for the launch. It'll all make sense when it's demonstrated.
For Sure!!

Robbobnob

i think i have found Newey's influence on the RB6,7,8

as you can clearly see the use of ellipses here
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

RB7ate9

Of course, like all British Engineers, it started in his youth with this:

P.S. What car is that Robbobnob?

RB7ate9

Ringo, when will you bestow on us Red Bull's secrets :D ?

hardingfv32

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Image[/quote]

What is the tube behind the master cylinders and connectors? Sway bar?

Brian

Isak

hardingfv32 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/O5AIY.jpg

Brian
Heave damper or jolt damper. Not sure which.

Edit; Sorry, disregard that. It doesn't seem connected at both ends.

Adrian Newby

Isak wrote:
hardingfv32 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/O5AIY.jpg

Brian
Heave damper or jolt damper. Not sure which.

Edit; Sorry, disregard that. It doesn't seem connected at both ends.
Anti-roll bar.

volarchico

Have you let the anticipation build enough? I'm actually quite curious now! :wink:

Robbobnob

dont rush him guys, i can imagine it take a while to make this stuff up... i mean urgh uhm...

Kidding... in regards to that car im not sure what it was i just found it on reddit.
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

RB7ate9

With the powers of the internet:

March 711 is the car. Did right well for itself in '71, with Ronnie Peterson driving one to 2nd in the Driver's Championship.

Mandrake

And all that thanks to the use of the ellipsis ^^

raymondu999

I'm not sure I spot any uses of ellipsis on those... ellipses maybe :P

(NB: ellipsis - ... ellipses - the oval shape)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

allstaruk08

have we had the secret about this car yet ?