HRT F111 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Florio
Florio

Re: HRT F111 Cosworth

I don't agree on them outperforming Virgin again this year. Virgin got a sound financial structure after the season ended and had already begun doubling their ouptut facilities. They also had Wirth staying in Britain for the final flyaway races to have more input on the car.

Hispania meanwhile have only recently made statements about they have had new investors joining them, however these are all speculation at the moment as nothing has been confirmed. He also said he has about 40 engineers alongside Geoff Willis working on the car. The reliability of the car last year was down to Dallara, and with the new systems they plan to incorporate, leaving it all to the last test seems very tight for a car that in many peoples opinions will beat the Virgin again.

gibells
gibells

Agreed. Not enough credit was given to Dallara. It may have been massively overweight and simple, but in that basic guise, with a 1 wing fits all philosophy, it did surprisingly well. Not expecting any more from them this year though.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The car wasnt overweight, it was infact underweight and had a little ballast to throw about from Dallaras initial specs according to the RacecarEngineering article. Thats even with the steel brakes and the compromised suspension that it had at Bahrain.

From there, the guys at Hispania went on to put carbon brakes on and a modren braking system thus reliving as much as 20kg and then they worked on the suspension making them of carbon, thus reloving weight, then they opened all the data channels as Willis said they only had 138 channels at Bahrain and by the middle of the season they had almost 10 times that, so this way they could set the car up massivly better.

I think the Hispania team could do a simmilar job with their new car, from a better baseline from day one. This is the basis i think that Virgin could still find it hard to beat them. One thing is for sure, both Hispania and Virgin will have a massivly improved package on the 2010 package.

satlan
satlan

They better have a massively improved package since all the topteams will be using the ARW at every straight they can in quali, and since I haven't seen anything about Virgin and HRT having an ARW they're gonna have a very hard time to stay within 107% of the pole time.

dren

satlan wrote:They better have a massively improved package since all the topteams will be using the ARW at every straight they can in quali, and since I haven't seen anything about Virgin and HRT having an ARW they're gonna have a very hard time to stay within 107% of the pole time.
Agreed, they will need the wing for qualification, even if they are much closer in the race, they won't make it without it.
Honda!

BorisTheBlade

Do you guys have a quote for them not using the ARW. IMHO it is pretty much a given that all teams will use it. I mean, compared to KERS it's not nearly as expensive and it shouldn't be rocket science for a F1 team.

satlan
satlan

BorisTheBlade wrote:Do you guys have a quote for them not using the ARW. IMHO it is pretty much a given that all teams will use it. I mean, compared to KERS it's not nearly as expensive and it shouldn't be rocket science for a F1 team.
You have a quote of them planning such a feature :D

And no, it's not as expensive or difficult to make as KERS I guess, but I remember there being plenty of problems with the fuel flap in the mid 2000's...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Cost wise, id expect the ARW to be pretty cost effective for the new teams, what id have done if i were at the FIA. Allow the teams to have up to 20 seconds of "speed boosts" per lap, allow them to use that what ever way they want, ARW or KERS, this would allow the top teams to use a 50/50 split of the both and the teams without KERS would use the full 20 seconds of ARW.

Im sure this would give the newer teams a thing that would mean they could be on a par with the KERS cars.

Id be relitivly confedent to say that Hispania will have a ARW for the start of the season.

BorisTheBlade

satlan wrote:
BorisTheBlade wrote:Do you guys have a quote for them not using the ARW. IMHO it is pretty much a given that all teams will use it. I mean, compared to KERS it's not nearly as expensive and it shouldn't be rocket science for a F1 team.

And no, it's not as expensive or difficult to make as KERS I guess, but I remember there being plenty of problems with the fuel flap in the mid 2000's...
Well, I can remember teams such as Minardi having created those fuel flaps in the night before the first race ;)

adrianjordan

satlan wrote:
On that basis I'm not entirely sure they're going to have such features as seatbelts or a steering wheel...

They only announced that they were going to have a CAR a few days ago...let's give them a chance...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Scania
Scania

D wan banned by FOTA but not FIA, HRT is not member of FOTA now, does that mean anything?

wesley123
wesley123

the DDD(which i guees you ment) is banned per 2011 rules so they wont run it.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Figure8
Figure8

I wonder if any of the new HRT chassis will be coming via MTO consulting, they say in their news section they had the designs for the potential Villeneuve Racing car sorted and ready to go go.

Would certainly be a quick way to get a new chassis design for 2011, would also have a link to the aborted HRT effort with the TF10, given that Tatham played a role in the design of that car too.

raymondu999

Looks more like an IndyCar than an F1 car to me. Livery, I mean. Interesting that they managed to secure TATA sponsorship. Karthikeyan? Not to mention TATA's just about the only sponsor, and everything else is an ad to get... well, ads. Interestingly they seem to have a very low nose, and have copied MGP's endplates.

Source: http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/02/08/hisp ... -new-f111/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JGomezH
JGomezH