HRT F111 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crabbia
Crabbia

Re: HRT F111 Cosworth

pluisje wrote:
JGomezH wrote:
pluisje wrote:Haha, those litte texts are great... I hope they keep them for the real livery :) Good to see some humour like that. Can anyone see what the text in front of the cockpit says? That's the only one I can't read properly.
Don't talk to the pilots at march ??
Hm, seems like it yes, at the Spanish site linked above. Only the last word is a bit vague... Maybe it says mach 1? Don't think the car can reach that speed though :P
it reads "dont talk to the pilot at max g". classic. i love the one that says "surprise" in a random spot. very very clever because its simple and its draws attention to their car.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The car is really nice looking, sleek, contemporary and also fast. Lets hope it can be fast as it looks. Some nice comedic touches as well. I really hope it can whoop the Marussia Virgin MVR/02s ass. Looks like its going to be on the level of the Team Lotus T128 from the pics so far.

gibells
gibells

The whole effort of employing a renowned graphic designer to create a distinctive livery is a brilliant marketing coup and should be appladed. By doing so it has softened people's feelings toward HRT and made it something (hopefully) sponsors will want to be associated with.

To me it marks Fry's effort on the Brawn as ridiculous as it was an amazing missed opportunity.

okibcn
okibcn

HaHaHa!!!!

The guys at http://www.F1aldia.com have made the most original analisys of a car... the "stickers"!!!

"CAMERA. FRAGILE."

"DO NOT SIT HERE"

"ATTENTION. Strong suction effect, hold onto something when step here"

"Do not talk to the pilot at..."

"CAUTION: This vehicle moves very fast. Only for professional drivers"

"ATTENTION! Your are being filmed"

"Nothing special here"

"Surprise"

But the funniest IMHO is...

"The car ends here"
with a big dot.

Regards

Oki
Last edited by okibcn on 08 Feb 2011, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

horse

gibells wrote:To me it marks Fry's effort on the Brawn as ridiculous as it was an amazing missed opportunity.
I like the Brawn livery a lot. I think their budget was spent in the right way - on the car rather than on a graphic designer.

This is also now the only car in the field to have such a narrow nose. If all the other cars have opted against this approach then I think there is strong evidence to suggest that it is not the optimum.

I like the paint job but, no doubt, it won't be quick. I suspect the amusing stickers will be there for a long time.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

gibells
gibells

horse wrote:
gibells wrote:To me it marks Fry's effort on the Brawn as ridiculous as it was an amazing missed opportunity.
I like the Brawn livery a lot. I think their budget was spent in the right way - on the car rather than on a graphic designer.
Yeah but now you're thinking like an engineer and not a businessman. Got to spend money to make it. I recall a lot of white and not many sponsors.

gridwalker
gridwalker

Brawn's lack of sponsorship was actually a draw for me : I happily wear my BrawnGP cap every day without feeling like a corporate billboard ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

horse

gibells wrote:Yeah but now you're thinking like an engineer and not a businessman. Got to spend money to make it. I recall a lot of white and not many sponsors.
However after winning a championship Petronas signed up and Mercedes bought the team. Performance is what advertisers want. They want to have a car that will be on the TV because it is winning. Although getting lapped gets you on the TV too, briefly.

To be fair, it is improved. The front wing looks much better, the sidepods look more optimised and the bum looks tighter. Some positives there.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ajprice
ajprice

Its a great livery, with all the little attention graphics. The car looks like a step on from last year too, I am wondering how much benefit the stumpy shark fin is compared to a full one to the rear wing from last year, Red Bull have the same thing.

feynman
feynman

Any actual photos released from HRT?

Maybe I'm wrong, but they, especially the warning-sign close-ups, all look like 3D renderings to me (very nice renderings, I like the subtle film grain).

Now with a test in 2 days, there must be a real chassis somewhere, mustn't there?

A13EX_f
A13EX_f

this car has been designed by a concept car designer as far as we know it's just a concept to attract some sponsors I highly doubt it is even related to the 2011 "car" also the design might not even fit all the parts inside that it needs to fit etc.

i'd consider these designs no more than a nice image not a view of a car

Pandamasque

feynman wrote:Any actual photos released from HRT?

Maybe I'm wrong, but they, especially the warning-sign close-ups, all look like 3D renderings to me
They are.

@okibcn - brilliant stuff!
Last edited by Pandamasque on 08 Feb 2011, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

ajprice
ajprice

A13EX_f wrote:this car has been designed by a concept car designer as far as we know it's just a concept to attract some sponsors I highly doubt it is even related to the 2011 "car" also the design might not even fit all the parts inside that it needs to fit etc.

i'd consider these designs no more than a nice image not a view of a car
The livery is by a concept designer (Daniel Simon), not the design of the car.

Belatti
Belatti

Livery "looks alike" this:

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Belatti
Belatti

they dont have a single sponsor, but at least they have got sense of humour :D

+1 there
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna