2012 Canadian GP - Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: 2012 Canadian GP - Gilles Villeneuve

Bets on first person into the wall of champions? Having said that I don't remember many in the last two years. Kobayashi early in the race in 2010, then Vettel in Free Practice in 2011.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Crucial_Xtreme

raymondu999 wrote:Bets on first person into the wall of champions? Having said that I don't remember many in the last two years. Kobayashi early in the race in 2010, then Vettel in Free Practice in 2011.
I say one of the STR drivers.

djos

raymondu999 wrote:Bets on first person into the wall of champions? Having said that I don't remember many in the last two years. Kobayashi early in the race in 2010, then Vettel in Free Practice in 2011.
Massa :D

followed by Karthakain from HRT
Last edited by Richard on 31 May 2012, 11:22, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Corrected driver name - Nickname provoked fanboi replies
"In downforce we trust"

raymondu999

I'm going to go on a limb and say it'll be Maldonado again, hot off the heels off a fantastic Barcelona and disastrous Monaco - he feels that he needs to prove he is a title contender this year, and goes pushing too hard.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

schumifan

i hope that if it is wet this time, like it was last year, the stewards are not so overly cautious. it was silly last time, we can all remember many wet races much worse where the drivers just got on with it - they are the finest drivers in the world and cannot show their skill in the wet behind a safety car - really hope that if it is wet there is none of that this time, or at least very very little of it

raymondu999

schumifan wrote:they are the finest drivers in the world and cannot show their skill in the wet behind a safety car
What rubbish! Even to an untrained eye, the tyre warming technique employed by each driver as they weave at 70mph on the straights behind the safety car is a work of art! :mrgreen:

/end sarcasm
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

schumifan

:) - i like

MrBlacky

raymondu999 wrote:he feels that he needs to prove he is a title contender this year, and goes pushing too hard.
..yeah.

f1316

I could see both Massa and Maldonado doing it, but I could also see Vettel - feeling he needs to re-establish himself over Webber and prove he doesn't need the best car to win - going in there once again.

stefan_

I'll put my money on Maldonado. :)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob

stefan_ wrote:
I'll put my money on Maldonado. :)
Hamilton and Alonso haven't landed there yet have they? It's surely time that one of them met up with it.

Igor is a pretty good bet for me too though.

Crucial_Xtreme

Only one DRS zone this year instead of two.

Gridlock

beelsebob wrote: Igor is a pretty good bet for me too though.
Calling someone Mr Wally Wall McWallWall because he parked his Ferrari at Rascasse that one time: OK.

Calling someone what you do, because of their physical appearance, is cretinous and inexcusable.

beelsebob

Gridlock wrote:
beelsebob wrote: Igor is a pretty good bet for me too though.
Calling someone Mr Wally Wall McWallWall because he parked his Ferrari at Rascasse that one time: OK.

Calling someone what you do, because of their physical appearance, is cretinous and inexcusable.
It's not because of their physical appearance, it's because of their mental appearance ;) You're the one drawing the physical parallels.

marcush.

for me the true question is :will Schumacher beat Rosberg in qualy ? Rosberg was really good in qualy last year if I´m not mistaken .
But a AMG-Mercedes pole is a must