2012 Canadian GP - Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
italian
italian
2
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:30 am
Location: Italy

Re: Ferrari F2012

Post

amouzouris wrote:alonso's best time before the red flag with the old exhaust is 1:17:000...lets see what his best time with new exhaust will be!

edit: he just did a 1:16:570 -0.430 s
Now 1:15:842 S1: 21.0 S2: 24.3 S3: 30.4

He lost some time in the last sector but he also set the fastest S1.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein
Image
Image

User avatar
Postmoe
26
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Post

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
amouzouris wrote:alonso's best time before the red flag with the old exhaust is 1:17:000...lets see what his best time with new exhaust will be!

edit: he just did a 1:16:570 -0.430 s

edit 2: i think its quite close to what u gain by the EBD in this rack because the two times were put in the closest together...later in the session he will improve as the track will improve as well!

edit 3: in 5 minutes he now did a 1:15:842 -1.158s from the non EBD time
He's in the 15's. The car looks fairly stable with the new exhaust.
But wasn't he using the old new exhausts? He switched to the new new ones with the red flag?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme
427
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Ferrari F2012

Post

Postmoe wrote:
But wasn't he using the old new exhausts? He switched to the new new ones with the red flag?
No they were switching exhausts on both cars before the red flag. The fastest time set by a F2012 thus far has been with the new exhaust. Fastest 1st sector. I think this could be a very useful update. The downforce is definitely needed on the F2012 even in Canada.

f1316
f1316
130
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Post

Postmoe wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
amouzouris wrote:alonso's best time before the red flag with the old exhaust is 1:17:000...lets see what his best time with new exhaust will be!

edit: he just did a 1:16:570 -0.430 s

edit 2: i think its quite close to what u gain by the EBD in this rack because the two times were put in the closest together...later in the session he will improve as the track will improve as well!

edit 3: in 5 minutes he now did a 1:15:842 -1.158s from the non EBD time
He's in the 15's. The car looks fairly stable with the new exhaust.
But wasn't he using the old new exhausts? He switched to the new new ones with the red flag?
Yes he did, although according to Ferrari's twitter they had already changed it before the red flag.

Looks like he loses most of his time in the final sector though, which might indicate that top speed is still an issue.

User avatar
Postmoe
26
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Post

f1316 wrote:
Yes he did, although according to Ferrari's twitter they had already changed it before the red flag.

Looks like he loses most of his time in the final sector though, which might indicate that top speed is still an issue.
Yes, but Vettel lost more than he (I think), so the loss is rather a different one than the one in the earlier stages of the season. This is a completely different pace quality.

User avatar
SeijaKessen
12
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm
Location: USA

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

Don't know if anyone here caught it, but apparently Vettel pulled another one of his infamous spatial awareness moves on Bruno Senna.

User avatar
Teechnical
1
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:38 am

Re: Ferrari F2012

Post

The car looks stable in turn 5 and has good traction coming out of turn 2, good to know.
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

italian
italian
2
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:30 am
Location: Italy

Re: Ferrari F2012

Post

Vettel set his fastest lap with the same Alonso's S3 --> 30.4 I'd say that DF is more important than top speed, even in Canada.
Last edited by italian on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein
Image
Image

italian
italian
2
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:30 am
Location: Italy

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

Final standing FP1:

Image
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein
Image
Image

Dragonfly
Dragonfly
32
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:48 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

SeijaKessen wrote:Don't know if anyone here caught it, but apparently Vettel pulled another one of his infamous spatial awareness moves on Bruno Senna.
More like Lali was again deliberating what to do at the end of the straight.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

User avatar
Teechnical
1
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:38 am

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

Can anyone tell me why tyres the top four set their laptimes on?
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme
427
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

The Red Bulls don't look so quick so far. Their times on SS wasn't better than HAM on softs.

All the guys at the top except for Webber & Vettel were using softs. RB was using SS tyres

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger
3
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 am

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:The Red Bulls don't look so quick so far. Their times on SS wasn't better than HAM on softs.

All the guys at the top except for Webber & Vettel were using softs. RB was using SS tyres
wern't Lotus using SS too?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme
427
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

Gerhard Berger wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:The Red Bulls don't look so quick so far. Their times on SS wasn't better than HAM on softs.

All the guys at the top except for Webber & Vettel were using softs. RB was using SS tyres
wern't Lotus using SS too?
Yes, Vettel, Webber, Schumacher, Rosberg, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Ricciardo, De la Rosa, Karthikeyan and Raikkonen were on SS at some points during FP1. But ROS didn't set his fastest time on SS if I'm not mistaken.

nacho
nacho
12
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:38 am

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Post

Lotii did long runs on SS, almost 20 laps?