Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
CyleB

Re: Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

i would love to go to this race.. its on my bucket list... great track amazing scenery Image... and a great atmosphere
Look mama I'm going fast- Ricky Bobby

raymondu999

You know; just for the sake of a fairytale result; I'd love for Schumacher to either get pole or win the race
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andartop
andartop

FIA ban on DRS use in the tunnel, as too "dangerous":

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91681

I have to respect the drivers' opinion as they are the ones taking all the risk.

However, I don't like this. The thing either is safe to be used or not. If they deem it may not be safe everywhere, ban it altogether during quali and just let them use it in the designated "safe" areas during the race. What will they say if someone gets badly hurt (or worse) by using the DRS outside the tunnel? Tough luck? :wtf:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

raymondu999

Sounds almost like they're trying to reel Red Bull in. "Ok, so let's make it so that everyone can only activate it after the tunnel so they don't get any advantage out of activating DRS through the tunnel in Monaco qualifying"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

raymondu999 wrote:You know; just for the sake of a fairytale result; I'd love for Schumacher to either get pole or win the race
doesnt someone say that every race? never going to happen ever again im afraid IMO

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

raymondu999 wrote:Sounds almost like they're trying to reel Red Bull in. "Ok, so let's make it so that everyone can only activate it after the tunnel so they don't get any advantage out of activating DRS through the tunnel in Monaco qualifying"
sounds good for mclaren in qualy then :) not many high speed downforce corners for them to dominate in, and lewis was nailing vettel in the slow speed final sector in spain :D

FrukostScones

Let's do the rain dance! I'd like to see the first wet race this year, and an Olivier Panis like result.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Wet race at Monaco? Could be interesting, however it looks like being rather pleasent weather (according to the BBC there is high pressure over Monaco).

A repeat of Schumachers performance in 1997 would be nice.
Last edited by andrew on 24 May 2011, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

amouzouris

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/mc/mon ... ecast.aspx looks like it might rain on Saturday!

gridwalker
gridwalker

andrew wrote:Wet race at Monaco? Could be interesting, however it looks like being rather pleasent weather (according to the BBC there is high pressure over Monaco).

A repeat of Schumachers performance in 1997 would be nice.
I'd prefer a repeat of 1996 ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Is Oliver Panis going to stop ice racing?!

gridwalker
gridwalker

No, but Schumi could crash out on the first lap :P

I just love it when circumstances allow underdogs to have their day in the sun : a wet race at Monaco is just one of those occasions. Vettel's win at Monza is still my favourite victory for The Finger.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

mep

no no no I definitely don't want to see a wet race.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Massive fire at Turn 1 already:

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

andrew wrote:Is Oliver Panis going to stop ice racing?!
That would mean something akin to a Karthekeyan or D'Ambrosio win. And would be freaking epic.