Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

HampusA wrote:To bad the RBR works as best in the rain though ;)
My point with the sprinklers was that if he can't make the championship close, he has other gimmicks up his sleeve to keep people interested. I guess I was a bit too subtle. :roll: :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ringo

donskar wrote:
Giblet wrote:Pretty please with sugar on top, stay on topic. The topic is at the top of every page. This one happens to be the Canadian Grand Prix of 2011. There is already a thread for Monaco 2011, Suzuka 2010.

If your point is not important enough to search for the right thread to post it or create a new one, there is a real possibility that your point is not good enough to post in the wrong thread. It's easy to go OT on something that matters, and sometimes a small OT adds perspective in the right thread to the topic at hand, but the race and car threads are JUST for the races and cars.

The blather from here has resurrected our old friend, The "Fanboy Ying Yang" Thread".
Well said. =D>

For me, the interesting point for this and the next several races is psychology. Will Vettel get complacent? (Probably not, and Newey won't.) Will Hamilton get desperate/frustrated and do something stupid a la wall of champions? (Quite possible. This could be a key.) Will Button's experience/racecraft give him the inner balance to overcome Vettel & Ham's speed? (Hamilton could be vulnerable if he cannot control his emotions.) Can Fry's business-like/McLaren approach and Alonso's controlled Latin fire lead Ferrari back? (Like to see it, but it probably won't happen this year.)

Finally, if Vettel dominates again, will people begin worrying about TV ratings sagging due to lack of interest in the championship?
Button aint doing a dang thing. He showed his colours in Monaco. He has no answer for Vettel. Never will he get a better oportunity to beat Vettel; tyres 22 laps younger? come on man.

Hamilton is the guy to get the job done. Get him on the first or second row and Vettel is toast.
For Sure!!

Mandrake

ringo wrote:Hamilton is the guy to get the job done. Get him on the first or second row and Vettel is toast.
Toast, the right word :) After T1 both will be toasted by an overagressive LH thinking all drivers must drive outta the way as soon as he is behind them ;)

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Regardless of what Hamilton says or does, the big factor at Canada this year will indeed be black. Pirelli black with Red or Yellow stripes.
More could have been done.
David Purley

PlatinumZealot

Tyres tyres.... haven't heard of Pirelli's graining thus far this season. I am wondering if the abrasive surface of Canada is worse than Malaysia?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

HampusA

I think Canada hairpin in 08 was probably the worst piece of tarmac ever laid down by humans.
It was horrible and if i´m not mistaken, they even had to re-lay it saturday night?
Or maybe it was friday night?
The truth will come out...

beelsebob

HampusA wrote:I think Canada hairpin in 08 was probably the worst piece of tarmac ever laid down by humans.
It was horrible and if i´m not mistaken, they even had to re-lay it saturday night?
Or maybe it was friday night?
That sounds right, and wasn't the result of relaying it that it was still soft, and hence wrinkled up under the cars.

HampusA

Could be, it probably had the the grip levels of rain with full wets.
Pretty much all drivers understeered in then powerslided out of it to compensate.

Hopefully it´s alot better this year.

Gaara

Meanwhile in Japan :shock: :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLaWZFb8 ... r_embedded[/youtube]

HampusA

He must be deaf or something.

djos

What an idiot!!! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

beelsebob

HampusA wrote:He must be deaf or something.
I'd go with djos, I think he was thinking it would be cool to try and jump a moving F1 car.

zeph

what a dope! :lol:

Richard

Impressive that he nearly manages to leap the car.

PlatinumZealot

Should have drank some redBull.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏