European GP 2011 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
rfs

Re: European GP 2011 - Valencia

Traction wrote:Actually I wpuld really like to see vettel have a crap pit stop or something and cut his way through the pack, its the stuff that legends are made off and the stuff that keeps people talking for ages. It would also be good for him in regards to remi ding him there are others on the track and its not a one man race. Problem is that hes just so damn good and his car and team are just so awesome the chances are slim.....but lets see what happens... 8)
After he sews up the championship, he should avoid running a lap in Q3 and try to win from 10th place. That'll show em. :D

Sean H
Sean H

ell66 wrote:
Sean H wrote:the only people saying Macca has a better race pace are the fan boys, you have to weigh the message with the messenger...

I am sure somebody will say Macca had a great day, they were just 30 seconds slower than RB and Alonso.
ermm no. have you not listened to any of the interveiws with withmarsh buttonand hamilton?
Look up sarcasm in a dictionary. I was poking fun at the fanboys who keep saying Macca has more race pace.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Diesel wrote:There's nothing wrong with Vettel dominating, but he could atleast make it a bit more interesting.
I can always count on you for a good laugh! Are you seriously suggesting that Vettel should accidently on purpose screw-up? That is classic! :lol:

raymondu999

He's not suggesting that, but he's suggesting that that would be more exciting :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

andrew wrote:
Diesel wrote:There's nothing wrong with Vettel dominating, but he could atleast make it a bit more interesting.
I can always count on you for a good laugh! Are you seriously suggesting that Vettel should accidently on purpose screw-up? That is classic! :lol:
I don't think I said that anywhere in my post, did I now? :roll: #-o

andrew
andrew

Fastest laps here.

Traction

andrew wrote:Fastest laps here.
Niiice....
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

andrew
andrew

Diesel wrote:
andrew wrote:
I don't think I said that anywhere in my post, did I now? :roll: #-o
So explain what you meant then.

doink
doink

n smikle wrote:This track symbolises the whole season; BORING and Vettel is going to win.
The races this season have been incredible, bar Monaco.

This track is rubbish, nothing else. I am a McLaren fan and don't like this Vettel dominance, but I cannot dispute that this has been one hell of a season so far. You need to take a long hard look at your fanboy-ism and maybe reassess your outlook on F1, and possibly life, if you have this kind of attitude.

andartop
andartop

Highlight of the race: Schumi overtaking a Force India despite his front wing being broken. :lol: =D>
Anyone got a video?

I wish Vettel secures the WDC asap, get it out of the way, then start skipping qualifying and challenge himself to see how far he could go from 24th on the grid. That's what I used to do when playing F1 PC/PS2 games.

Ferrari need to contact me, or anyone else in this forum, and we could let them know when to pit. Free of charge. Just for the f&$* of it. Can't get it more wrong anyway.

Hamilton made another major step in his Kubler Ross ladder, I bet next time around he will have accepted his grief (Vettel running away with it) and he'll be back to his normal competitive, aggressive but not Sato self.

Last but not least: a great big f&%* you very much to the TV director. Surely, a battle for 14th-16th place is still a battle, but perhaps it might have been a bit more relevant to show us Webber trying to reclaim second from Alonso after the last round of stops, no?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Mr Alcatraz

andartop wrote: but perhaps it might have been a bit more relevant to show us Webber trying to reclaim second from Alonso after the last round of stops, no?

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

MrBlacky
MrBlacky

I was a bit surprised as I read through the post race articles and noticed that Vettel has asked via radio what times Webbo are doing on his medium tires, although no one told Vettel that Webber was actually on mediums.
They say (Horner) that Vettel had a look on the TV walls during the race - LOL.

andartop
andartop

MrBlacky wrote:They say that Vettel had a look on the TV walls during the race - LOL.

He certainly looked comfortable enough to look on TV walls, check his emails on his Blackberry or play Angry Birds on his ipod..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Mandrake
Mandrake

MrBlacky wrote:I was a bit surprised as I read through the post race articles and noticed that Vettel has asked via radio what times Webbo are doing on his medium tires, although no one told Vettel that Webber was actually on mediums.
They say (Horner) that Vettel had a look on the TV walls during the race - LOL.
Well, as soon as Alonso passed Webber I thought Vettel was dead meat....apparently he just started to drive properly and kept the gap, increased it slightly, so he must have been cruising for large parts of the race. Keep the gap at 3 seconds and manage your tires.

This is quite different to what MSC used to do in his top times, he built up large gaps and cruised home later, driving a lot slower than in the beginning. Different tires and rules though back then, but still....

donskar
donskar

Glad I didn't lose sleep for this race -- Fox played it tape-delay rather than live on SPEED TV. IMHO F1 is all about excellence, about WINNING. From that perspective, boring race; boring season.

Vettel has (I hope) a long career ahead of him, but I wonder if his first two WDC (2010 and 2011) will be discounted -- more credit to the car than to the driver? Vettel could swap drives with Ham, Button, Alonso and a couple others and the RB would still win. Badoer might even look competent in the RB.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill