European GP 2011 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Poleman

Re: European GP 2011 - Valencia

On a completely joking note:

Isnt it funny how the race thread remains quiet when Hamilton drives a quiet race? :lol:

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Beat me too it Poleman. I was away to say this has to be the quietist race thread there has been in a long time. :lol:

i70q7m7ghw

I think the fact there wasn't a single post race investigation probably has something to do with it as well, and no incidents in the race worthy of discussion. The only incident I can recall was MS losing his front wing when he understeered in to Petrov, and he admitted fault.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Here's something to make you laugh!

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/06/25/red-b ... el-to-spy/

I think we have a new definition for absurd.

:lol:

gridwalker

One incident. No retirements. No penalties. Little DRS induced action. Nothing exciting to discuss!

Well done Valencia, even the 2011 rules could not stop you from producing a comparatively dull race ... still, at least it was more entertaining than the previous Valencian processions.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Poleman

“I think he just wanted to show the world what advertising space was still available on his overalls,” joked Horner with Sky TV, referring to Vettel’s rear-end that was bent over the Ferrari cockpit for some time.
Good thing for RedBull is that their performance is a lot better than Horner's sense of humor... :lol:

djos

Webber is having all the rotten luck this season!! He prolly would have caught and past Nando if it wasnt for his gearbox starting to fail on on him in the lower gears - he was flying before his engineer told him to preserve his Gearbox! :(
"In downforce we trust"

Shrieker

djos wrote:Webber is having all the rotten luck this season!! He prolly would have caught and past Nando if it wasnt for his gearbox starting to fail on on him in the lower gears - he was flying before his engineer told him to preserve his Gearbox! :(
Webber isn't being given equal car with Vettel since the final 2-3 races of last season. I think it's evident when you compare his performances with Vettel's in 2010.

The RB7 is too good and there isn't anything the other teams can do. Give Webber equal car with Vettel and he can do it. So can Massa, Button, Rosberg and heck, even Schumacher. Not to even mention Alonso and Hamilton... After Silverstone nothing will change. The championship is %99 Vettel's and the remaining %1 represents unusual circumstances. The rest will be gunning for the odd race win rather than title glory.

About McLaren being the fastest on race pace. Well Lewis, if you drive the wheels off an avarege car, that's what happens.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ringo

Poleman wrote:On a completely joking note:

Isnt it funny how the race thread remains quiet when Hamilton drives a quiet race? :lol:
That's why the race was boring. 2010 race was quite different, becuase a certain driver didn't have a quiet race. hehe.
For Sure!!

Mr Alcatraz

Poleman wrote:On a completely joking note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSQRpVHPUAo :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

djos

Shrieker wrote: Webber isn't being given equal car with Vettel since the final 2-3 races of last season. I think it's evident when you compare his performances with Vettel's in 2010.

The RB7 is too good and there isn't anything the other teams can do. Give Webber equal car with Vettel and he can do it. So can Massa, Button, Rosberg and heck, even Schumacher. Not to even mention Alonso and Hamilton... After Silverstone nothing will change. The championship is %99 Vettel's and the remaining %1 represents unusual circumstances. The rest will be gunning for the odd race win rather than title glory.

About McLaren being the fastest on race pace. Well Lewis, if you drive the wheels off an avarege car, that's what happens.
Webber has mentioned on Aussie TV that his performance has been down to him having issues understanding the Pirelli's and from his comments and pace in Valencia I would suggest he is now much closer to Vettel in his understanding of them.

I Still think Webber was severely impacted in his understanding of the Pirelli's by not getting to test them on the RB6 at the end of last year when Golden Balls did the 2 day Pirelli test by himself.

Lewis Complaining he couldn't go any slower and then couldn't go any faster was priceless! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

ringo

Webber can't be that slow in the head.
8 races and he can't understand the tyres?

He could be finding excuses.

Maybe he just can't adapt to the car as well as Vettel.
For Sure!!

djos

ringo wrote:Webber can't be that slow in the head.
8 races and he can't understand the tyres?

He could be finding excuses.

Maybe he just can't adapt to the car as well as Vettel.
Excuses aren't something Mark throws out there - classic example is him owing up to his strategic error in going to the Prime tires early.

Anyway I think the last 2 races and Valencia in particular show he is now able to switch them on and make them last.
"In downforce we trust"

LionKing

Shrieker wrote:
Webber isn't being given equal car with Vettel since the final 2-3 races of last season. I think it's evident when you compare his performances with Vettel's in 2010.
This is an unsubstantiated claim. Apart from odd situations such as a single new part being available, they have the same car.
Shrieker wrote: The RB7 is too good and there isn't anything the other teams can do. Give Webber equal car with Vettel and he can do it. So can Massa, Button, Rosberg and heck, even Schumacher. Not to even mention Alonso and Hamilton... After Silverstone nothing will change. The championship is %99 Vettel's and the remaining %1 represents unusual circumstances. The rest will be gunning for the odd race win rather than title glory.

Alonso and Hamilton probably can do as good as Vettel, possibly Rosberg. However Massa, Button and Webber (obviously) could not. These drivers almost always finish behind their teammates in races and usually soundly beaten.

djos

LionKing wrote: Alonso and Hamilton probably can do as good as Vettel, possibly Rosberg. However Massa, Button and Webber (obviously) could not. These drivers almost always finish behind their teammates in races and usually soundly beaten.
Q: Who is the only person to beat Vettel in qually this year?
A: Webber

Q: Who has the most fastest Race Laps so far this year?

Q: Who lead the 2010 WDC points chase the longest?

Q: Who saw off all of his former team-mates in Qually & points/race finishes through out his entire career before Vettel Joined RBR?

Point of the Q&A? Webber is no journeyman, Vettel is simply been able to adapt to the Pirelli's better than anyone else no matter what team they drive for and that combined with the RB7 has proven almost unbeatable.
"In downforce we trust"