German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
HampusA

Re: German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

Yup i agree, but part of me feels he´s like Barrichello. Only thing for him to do in F1 after his run at Ferrari ends is to provide information to middle or backmarker teams.
The truth will come out...

marcush.

Massa was so near to winning a title, we tend to forget this.

djos

marcush. wrote:Massa was so near to winning a title, we tend to forget this.
Only because Schumy was in the garage the whole year telling him what to do and encouraging him, as soon as Schumy stopped being there for him, Massa went back to being his unreliable old self!
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

Mandrake wrote:
HampusA wrote:He did his job, and that was to keep Vettel behind him.
He was let down by a wheelnut problem, that´s all.
On that note, it was clever from RedBull to delay the pitstop and do it simultaniously with Massa. Their box is right at the beginning of the pits, Ferrari's the one further down. Now if Vettel comes in directly behind Massa, which he did, he will be very very close getting out again IF both have a similar pitstop time. However, if he's only 2 tenths quicker, Ferrari CANNOT release Massa as it would have been an unsafe release ;) So all RedBull had to do was to do a very good pitstop and that's all ;)

They can. It is only unsafe release if Vettel crosses the blue line into the fast lane before massa is released. And the Ferrari pits is two lanes down so it's sorta far for it too as well.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

marcush. wrote:Massa was so near to winning a title, we tend to forget this.
With hindsight we all now see that the F2008 was far superior to the mclaren 23... maybe up to 0.5 seconds faster! lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

godlameroso

HampusA wrote:Haha yea i was actually going to say "except for Schumi era" :)
That was a bit extreme though and i think that went for when Barrichello was there aswell.
But now though it seems Ferrari just let both guys have at it until its just not possible for one of them to win the title.

Agree!, It´s up to Massa himself if he wants to win a title or not be a nr2 driver.

I like Massa, he´s a fine driver but i like to hate on him most of the time because of his inconsistency. But all in all he´s definitely a fast driver. Just not alien fast like the Top Trio.
The "Top Trio" as you call them are not the fastest drivers in F1, they have the fastest cars, but there are others in the field that are just as good, or will be just as good once they mature. On a sidenote, do you think that Perez getting to sample the Ferrari is mainly due to his sponsor's cash, or because Ferrari sees potential in him in addition to the fact that he's not Asian? I mean, Kobayashi still finishes ahead of him most of the time(this race he started 18 and ended 9th), but none of the big teams are trying to recruit him.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

I think it is because his car has a Ferrari engine, and that he brings large sponsor money. But he deserves it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Byronrhys

n smikle wrote:I think it is because his car has a Ferrari engine, and that he brings large sponsor money. But he deserves it.
Why does he deserve it so much? He hasn't really done anything spectacular and a Ferrari engine and big money don't exactly help with the case.

raymondu999

n smikle wrote:With hindsight we all now see that the F2008 was far superior to the mclaren 23... maybe up to 0.5 seconds faster! lol
We do? Must've missed that memo. Care to remind me how we found that out?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

godlameroso wrote:The "Top Trio" as you call them are not the fastest drivers in F1, they have the fastest cars, but there are others in the field that are just as good, or will be just as good once they mature. On a sidenote, do you think that Perez getting to sample the Ferrari is mainly due to his sponsor's cash, or because Ferrari sees potential in him in addition to the fact that he's not Asian? I mean, Kobayashi still finishes ahead of him most of the time(this race he started 18 and ended 9th), but none of the big teams are trying to recruit him.
I'm not convinced. I doubt there are many drivers in the field that could compete even if put in an RBR. Maybe Kobayashi or Kubica when he's back... that's about it.

Mr Alcatraz

beelsebob wrote:
godlameroso wrote: Perez getting to sample the Ferrari is mainly due to his sponsor's cash, or because Ferrari sees potential in him in addition to the fact that he's not Asian? I mean, Kobayashi still finishes ahead of him most of the time(this race he started 18 and ended 9th), but none of the big teams are trying to recruit him.
I'm not convinced. I doubt there are many drivers in the field that could compete even if put in an RBR. Maybe Kobayashi or Kubica when he's back... that's about it.
Are you suggesting that Ferrari prefer Mexicans to Asians?
Please elaborate :?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:
n smikle wrote:With hindsight we all now see that the F2008 was far superior to the mclaren 23... maybe up to 0.5 seconds faster! lol
We do? Must've missed that memo. Care to remind me how we found that out?
[...] It is true that Massa got off to a slow start. Mike's influence seemed to help FM as he really uped his game by Spain.
Kimi simply seemed to lose the plot for some reason.
Hamilton won thw WDC, However IMO he did not drive at as high a level as he did in his first season. Of course that could be for a number of reasons, not the least of which being he had access to better race setups in his first season.
Last edited by Steven on 05 Aug 2011, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

HampusA

godlameroso wrote:
HampusA wrote:Haha yea i was actually going to say "except for Schumi era" :)
That was a bit extreme though and i think that went for when Barrichello was there aswell.
But now though it seems Ferrari just let both guys have at it until its just not possible for one of them to win the title.

Agree!, It´s up to Massa himself if he wants to win a title or not be a nr2 driver.

I like Massa, he´s a fine driver but i like to hate on him most of the time because of his inconsistency. But all in all he´s definitely a fast driver. Just not alien fast like the Top Trio.
The "Top Trio" as you call them are not the fastest drivers in F1, they have the fastest cars, but there are others in the field that are just as good, or will be just as good once they mature. On a sidenote, do you think that Perez getting to sample the Ferrari is mainly due to his sponsor's cash, or because Ferrari sees potential in him in addition to the fact that he's not Asian? I mean, Kobayashi still finishes ahead of him most of the time(this race he started 18 and ended 9th), but none of the big teams are trying to recruit him.
Sauber has confirmed that both driver´s stay til 2013.
Perez is still a rookie, bit early to give him a Ferrari.
The truth will come out...

Giblet

Reading comprehension. Increase the level to above public school.

This thread has lost site of the title, who Ferrari signs is so far removed from the GP its not funny.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Richard

n smikle wrote:
Mandrake wrote:
On that note, it was clever from RedBull to delay the pitstop and do it simultaniously with Massa. Their box is right at the beginning of the pits, Ferrari's the one further down. Now if Vettel comes in directly behind Massa, which he did, he will be very very close getting out again IF both have a similar pitstop time. However, if he's only 2 tenths quicker, Ferrari CANNOT release Massa as it would have been an unsafe release ;) So all RedBull had to do was to do a very good pitstop and that's all ;)

They can. It is only unsafe release if Vettel crosses the blue line into the fast lane before massa is released. And the Ferrari pits is two lanes down so it's sorta far for it too as well.
I bet that Ferrari lolipop man would have released Massa regardless of Vettel's position.