German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

I can't find a live feed that'll work for me. Any links please pm, much appreciated !!
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Morteza

Now Rosberg is running the new front wing.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Lorenzo_Bandini

So Ferrari win at Silverstone was purely on merit... The car is very fast today, once again..

HampusA

RBR is for sure sandbagging but the Ferrari is quick yes.
The truth will come out...

Morteza

Another Red Bull pole is what I expect. It will be quite a surprise to see any team other than RB on pole this season.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Mandrake

If anyone can be provide me with a FP2 stream link as soon as there is one I'd be extremely happy!

CHT
CHT

HampusA wrote:RBR is for sure sandbagging but the Ferrari is quick yes.
wondering if they are running 2012 engine mapping in FP1. Am sure Vettel is going to throw in a fast lap before the end of FP2

Just_a_fan

[...]
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt at the Nurburgring: "Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were both confident they will be back on form in Germany this weekend, especially now the ban on off-throttle blowing of diffusers has been postponed until next year. The first step towards a recovery begins, as always, during Friday practice and Button explained what lies ahead for McLaren. 'We are putting more downforce on the car here and we should bed in pretty quickly and find our feet,' he said. 'Most of the work we'll be doing is aerodynamic checks of the new upgrades and engine modes and then we'll start going into set-up work. Lewis and I might both go in completely different directions from ideas we had in the simulator and then at the end of the day you sit down with all the information and discuss what direction we will go in over the weekend.'"
From the BBC live feed site.

We'll know where they all are by the end of the race on Sunday....
Last edited by Steven on 05 Aug 2011, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed reply on deleted post
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sean H

that's my point, usually the fanboys are quick to defend their slow pace, logically or not... although I am not expecting them to jump either RBR or Scuderia. They probably will go back in front of Mercedes though.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

Traction

RBR are trying out different exhaust systems, will be so I suppose which ever driver get pole will establish which system they will use..... 8)
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

CHT
CHT

Traction wrote:RBR are trying out different exhaust systems, will be so I suppose which ever driver get pole will establish which system they will use..... 8)

their Fri program from now on will probably be about 2012 development.

marcush.

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Marcush,

Have you just described perfect W02 conditions? :D

Yup..Saw Michael on pace ? My money is on Schumacher for a miracle on sunday if the car remains raceworthy after lap one.

ell66

any good lewis? wow!

donskar

Great effort by Hamilton. I hope he provides some competition for the RBs tomorrow. We may get a chance to see how good Vettel is when he has to pass to win.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Traction

Well done Webber for pole, good effort from Hamilton for second and Vettel makes third on the grid! Going to be an epic start tomorrow.... 8)
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel