German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr
myurr

Re: German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

Superhuman lap by Hamilton! At last we'll get to see if Vettel can win when he has to fight for it. Well done by Webber as well.

Traction

Maclaren seem to have found something to improve the speed of their cars...good on them....
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Poleman

With this speed in Quali,i can only imagine how mighty would the MP4-26 look on race trim... [-o< Hamilton was talking about a very good race pace through the FP's but not so good in quali so i wonder where did that lap came from. :shock: Amazing scrap for pole position,well long awaited. =D>

Pierce89

Poleman wrote:With this speed in Quali,i can only imagine how mighty would the MP4-26 look on race trim... [-o< Hamilton was talking about a very good race pace through the FP's but not so good in quali so i wonder where did that lap came from. :shock: Amazing scrap for pole position,well long awaited. =D>
I believe we'll have a four way scrap for the win. Alonso and Hamilton are so much better than the Red Bull drivers that i think one of them will overcome the RB7's speed advantage.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

myurr
myurr

Doubly so in a wet race. *crosses fingers*

Poleman

Hamilton dominates S1 and S3 but lost time significantly through S2...The Macca has some good mechanical grip out of slow corners it seems.Also his top speed was a fair 5 km/h lower than the best of MS.Surprisingly low is also the top speeds of both RB's almost 7 km/h adrift of Hamilton's MP4-26.

Gaara
Gaara

Nice feature from the BBC buildup today (Rosberg drives Coulthard around Nurburgring)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtztK3ZvpB0

See the description and you could download the whole BBC Qualifying buildup.

marcush.
marcush.

RedBull top speeds are total crap with 299km/h compared to Mercedes at 310...If anything their possibilities to defend will be marginal if DRS is made available at all.
This looks like a very entertaining race in the making .

HampusA

Traction wrote:Maclaren seem to have found something to improve the speed of their cars...good on them....
Really? Then Button obviously missed that memo ;)

This race is Hamilton or Webbers. I think that one of them will for sure choke on the start line, Vettel and Alonso will be up there instantly and maybe can find a way around either of them.

But, if Webber or Vettel leads lap 1 they got the race in the bag.
The truth will come out...

Shrieker

HampusA wrote:
Traction wrote:Maclaren seem to have found something to improve the speed of their cars...good on them....
Really? Then Button obviously missed that memo ;)
+1 to that... Button is 1.2 seconds behind Hamilton. How can that happen. New upgrades didn't work for him or what ? Maybe he saved a set of tyres for the race? Anyone got info on that ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

Must be balance polems for him as usual. He doesn't control the car as well as Hamilton. He also abandoned his 2nd Q3 run.

Makes you wonder what Vettel could have done in the Mac.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

astracrazy
astracrazy

n smikle wrote: Makes you wonder what Vettel could have done in the Mac.
Something tells me that wouldn't work to Vettel's advantage...I still believe the Mac to be a slower car, it was just a good lap by Hamilton not so much the car. On the bbc they were saying that Webber and Hamilton were so much better in the breaking zones.

HampusA

I think the problem for Button was simply a lack of heat in the tires.

Button is a smooth driver, not abusing the tires much. Good skill to have in long hot races but not so good in cold weather doing hotlaps.
Hamilton is the exact opposite.
He probably uses the tires more then anyone else so he should have the upper hand (slightly more then usual) due to this.
Obviously it seems that Hamilton has found some sweetspot in the setup not really knowing how much of a sweetspot it really was.

Mclaren and Ferrari is still not there yet in terms of raw Q pace.
Hamilton made that one with a big chunk of driver skill, just like Alonso in Catalunya.
The truth will come out...

marcush.
marcush.

In my book the Nurburgring is a track that is not really a drivers circuit ,but very much a spot on setup one.If the car doesn´t talk your language you are done and it´s only possible to lose time -making mistakes due to overdriving and theres nothing to find with commitment and eagerness...
Hamiltons lap seems to contradict this and I really admire him for pulling out that one...stunning..and he puts all credit to the team improving the car in qualy trim to this perfection-the car and session the best of all year- compare this with Button struggling for grip and balance suddenly and sufferring a one second! gap to Hamilton -reflecting Schumachers huge gap to Rosberg both falling out of a usable setup window all of a sudden...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Buemi has had his times deleted from Q1 and Q2 after his fuel was found not to conform to the regulations.

He will start from the back, or from the pits now.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 12343.html

If he starts from the pits, whitch i think if there is a chance of rain he will, id expect him to do a Markus Winkelhok, if the rain comes arround 100m into the race and the race isnt red flagged.