Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Hmmm this could get messy!

Suffice to say, the american equivalent of rugby requires more pads, a helmet and less contact and no scrum. What does this tell you? :lol:
It;s a better sport. And that's coming from a non america, who loves real football.
NFL better than rugby any day of the week.
Give it a try. I wasn't into it as much until i got curious. It's very technical and very deep. Well designed game for any of you technical nuts on this site.
For Sure!!

ringo

richard_leeds wrote:myurr - I think that's the key to this.

I suspect McL didn't think Hamilton could go to the end of the race, he's notoriously hard n his tyres. So if you assume he has to stop, then it makes sense to put him on the fastest tyre available, doesn't matter if they burn out because he's going to have to stop whatever happens.

Then Button stopped a bit later and McL were probably wanting to cover off their rivals, plus they might have thought he could go to the end anyway due to his style and also having run a bit longer before his stop.

Whist McL got Hamilton's strategy wrong in hindsight, they did well to be adaptable and run Button on the other strategy. I'd love to know when they switched Button to the other strategy, was it before the race or was it in response to the other teams?
There is no evidence to suggest he is harder on the tyres. In fact it's the opposite. His prime tyre runs were better than button's on the weekend.

Mclaren got greedy, that all i can see after looking at the variables and the progress over the weekend.

Hamilton at most is 1 or 2 laps short of Button on any tyre, and this is with Hamilton overtaking and pushing, while Button is cruising.
I don't really see the tyre use difference materializing.
All i know is that Vettel is clearly has a better understanding of the tyres than all the drivers.
Really no logic to them going on the SS, outside of trying to humiliate the rest of the field with Hamilton's predicted speed.

Button's switch was in fact in response to Hamilton's and Alonso's mistake.
For Sure!!

Fil

myurr wrote:Ringo - McLaren didn't know that the soft would be faster than the super soft at that stage of the race, nor did they think Hamilton could make the softs last until the end of the race. Hindsight is a beautiful thing to behold, but useless for second by second decisions in a race.
This is what i don't understand.
Surely every team would have been looking at Kobayashi on the Softs vs Perez on the Super Softs in their first dry tyre stints?

Does anyone have a link to the individual driver laptimes? What does the first stint data show between those two? And based on that (not hindsight), was the correct choice at the end Softs or Super Softs?
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

HampusA

ringo wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Hmmm this could get messy!

Suffice to say, the american equivalent of rugby requires more pads, a helmet and less contact and no scrum. What does this tell you? :lol:
It;s a better sport. And that's coming from a non america, who loves real football.
NFL better than rugby any day of the week.
Give it a try. I wasn't into it as much until i got curious. It's very technical and very deep. Well designed game for any of you technical nuts on this site.
I´ve played American Football. It´s a stop´n´go game that´s all about explosiveness.
Pretty fun with tactics etc but rugby is way more hardcore and dangerous.
The truth will come out...