Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

Intego

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Senna crashes and after a SC phase Petrov wins.

(And that's the reason why Heidfeld left the team by himself, because he didn't want to do that.)

:twisted:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

ringo

Bar any cock ups from the team, other drivers and himself. Hamilton should win this easily.
Has the speed the whole year, but too much rotten luck. It should have worn off by now.
For Sure!!

PNSD

ringo wrote:Bar any cock ups from the team, other drivers and himself. Hamilton should win this easily.
Has the speed the whole year, but too much rotten luck. It should have worn off by now.
Based on what?

The season ive watched he and Mclaren have been often out paced by Vettel and Redbull and sometimes Alonso and Ferrari.

Lewis has won the races he should have won and thats that. He's had no bad luck, RedBull and Vettel have just been better.

Whilst I too think Lewis could win this, I do not think its a forgone conclusion such as you seem to.

raymondu999

I agree with Ringo to a point. If you look at the times when the Hamilton-McLaren package has matched, or even exceeded RedBull-Vettel in speed, especially in race pace, it's definitely more than the 2 races he won. But Vettel is executing the cleanest Sundays so far; and a lot of the Sundays where Hamilton could/should have won have been filled with incidents/mistakes
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:I agree with Ringo to a point. If you look at the times when the Hamilton-McLaren package has matched, or even exceeded RedBull-Vettel in speed, especially in race pace, it's definitely more than the 2 races he won. But Vettel is executing the cleanest Sundays so far; and a lot of the Sundays where Hamilton could/should have won have been filled with incidents/mistakes
Even if Mclaren did have faster race pace here, overtaking is quite difficult and track position will matter. That means grid position will be key, and Red Bull have a clear advantage in qualifying.

Hamilton will be up there, but i don't think it will be an easy win as Ringo claims. Vettel looks really strong.

donskar

Same dreams and empty claims before every race: McLaren will beat RBR. Results rarely support the hopes and wishes of the Hammie boys. No offense meant: I'd just like to see some sound reasoning to support the notion that Vettel will NOT win.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ringo

Sound reasoning suggests that is lewis is P2 after 5 laps, and Vettel P1, then Vettel is a gonner. Hungary was the best example, though the lead was short lived.

Getting Vettel is the least. It's really the other acts of God that you can't predict or the driver can't control.

So this is why i said bar any cockups.

It's a street track too. Last i checked Vettel's not so strong those.

Remember last year with Alonso?

Empty claims are what we need to keep the season from being a bore fest. But these claims are simple observations.

So: Hamilton P1.
Alonso P2
Vettel P3

Belee dat home boy!! :lol: 8)
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Didn't he win the last two street tracks? Almost winning a street like track in Canada too.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

ringo wrote:Sound reasoning suggests that is lewis is P2 after 5 laps, and Vettel P1, then Vettel is a gonner. Hungary was the best example, though the lead was short lived.

Getting Vettel is the least. It's really the other acts of God that you can't predict or the driver can't control.

So this is why i said bar any cockups.
It's a street track too. Last i checked Vettel's not so strong those

Remember last year with Alonso?

Empty claims are what we need to keep the season from being a bore fest. But these claims are simple observations.

So: Hamilton P1.
Alonso P2
Vettel P3

Belee dat home boy!! :lol: 8)

Monaco 2011 Vettel won whilst for a long while holding of Alonso on really old tyres...i....so I'm not too sure how the comment highlighted can be justified
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

raymondu999

Don't forget the way he dominated Valencia last and this year. He almost won Canada too; which isn't technically a street circuit but it kind of half is, with the walls and all.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

Melbourne 2011 was an emphatic win as well.....
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

wesley123

Traction wrote: Monaco 2011 Vettel won whilst for a long while holding of Alonso on really old tyres...i....so I'm not too sure how the comment highlighted can be justified
You mean first getting chased down by Alonso who had newer tires, then an red flag which wasnt even conform the rules. Then being allowed to change tires which caused Vettel to walk away?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

fenix4life

medium and soft for singapore

ringo

wesley123 wrote:
Traction wrote: Monaco 2011 Vettel won whilst for a long while holding of Alonso on really old tyres...i....so I'm not too sure how the comment highlighted can be justified
You mean first getting chased down by Alonso who had newer tires, then an red flag which wasnt even conform the rules. Then being allowed to change tires which caused Vettel to walk away?
thanks for the details.
Winning somehwere doesn't = strong there or unbeatable there.
This race may be closer than we think.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter who's good where. Just want to see the championship extended beyond Singapore.
For Sure!!

Traction

ringo wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
thanks for the details.
Winning somehwere doesn't = strong there or unbeatable there.
This race may be closer than we think.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter who's good where. Just want to see the championship extended beyond Singapore.
I agree, the race will be much closer than we think, at least I hope it is...it's great watching the top drivers do battle. There might even be an upset.
Sebastian Vettel