Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

komninosm

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Mandrake wrote: tbh I was concentrating on polishing my car and didn't take too many looks to the screen, I must've missed the interview or at least the critical parts of it. Maybe I shouldn't take Singapore as an example for his maturity then, but everywhere else he admitted his faults which was refreshing to see.

I feel if Hamilton did the same he would get a totally different perception.
When did Schumacher ever admit his faults? When he parked his car on last turn in Monaco or when he crashed into other cars on purpose? Or ever really?

Besides Hamilton said it was his fault last race when he touched Kobayashi so there goes your theory out the window.
Again, confirmation bias.

Just_a_fan

komninosm wrote:I'm pretty sure Schumacher ignored a black flag once (and probably one more driver). He even managed to get the win/points and get the steward penalized instead! Epic!
1998 Silverstone GP, I think. It wasn't a black flag just a 10s stop/go penalty that was issued too late by the stewards. He won because in order to get to his pit box on the third lap after having been given the penalty (and the last lap of the race), he crossed the finish line - which extended across the pitlane too.

This resulted in rule changes as well as the removal of the idiot stewards.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

komninosm

Just_a_fan wrote:
komninosm wrote:I'm pretty sure Schumacher ignored a black flag once (and probably one more driver). He even managed to get the win/points and get the steward penalized instead! Epic!
1998 Silverstone GP, I think. It wasn't a black flag just a 10s stop/go penalty that was issued too late by the stewards. He won because in order to get to his pit box on the third lap after having been given the penalty (and the last lap of the race), he crossed the finish line - which extended across the pitlane too.

This resulted in rule changes as well as the removal of the idiot stewards.
Right, I had that mixed up with this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_British_Grand_Prix
Michael Schumacher was handed a 5 second stop-go penalty for overtaking Hill on the formation lap. He failed to serve the penalty, and as a result was shown the black flag, requiring him to stop immediately at the pits. Schumacher did not acknowledge the black flag, and later claimed that he had not seen it. Benetton told the race officials that there had been a misunderstanding over the 5 second stop-go penalty, and after discussing the issue with the team the officials withdrew the black flag and Schumacher served the 5 second stop-go penalty.

He got a penalty then in the end. Though he did ignore black flag and raced to the end. So it does happen :lol:
Diesel wrote:To all those saying the Massa Vs. Hamilton spat in the interview pen was just a tap on the shoulder, watch it again. Massa basically turns him around and smacks him twice on the shoulder, he knocks the straw out of Lewis's mouth. If you think that's acceptable give me your address and I'll come round and do it to your kids. Massa was a sorry little worm at that moment, he couldn't have got any lower.

OH and for all you that are about to call me fanboy, I feel Hamilton was at fault in the incident.
It was no tap, it was a girlie slap on the shoulder (not like how I tap someone's shoulder to get their attention) and a pull on the arm(elbow) that swerved him around. I've seen punches fly for that alone. Massa was way out of line and should be penalised. Tomba's response to this made me sigh and shake my head tbh. I expected more from our admin.

At least other drivers go right for the throat like Nigel Mansel or Schumacher, not from the back. Oh the memories...

vall

komninosm wrote:
Poleman wrote:Can anyone confirm if Alonso got a penalty for chopping Hamilton's rear in Malaysia?
It was just a "misjudgement" from Alonso but now is a stupid mistake for Hamilton and on top of that deserving an investigation AND a penalty? Lewis have done mistakes this year but i fail to see how this incident deserved a penalty.
I think they both got 20 seconds added.
Hamilton for changing direction twice when defending, something Schumacher did last race a whole lot worse and got no penalty. Figures... He lost points.
Alonso got 20 secs too but lost nothing. A joke really.
joke was what happened last year in Valencia. Fred followed the SC rules and finished 9th. LH deliberately overtook the SC, got a penalty something like 20 laps later and lost nothing.

beelsebob

vall wrote:
komninosm wrote:
Poleman wrote:Can anyone confirm if Alonso got a penalty for chopping Hamilton's rear in Malaysia?
It was just a "misjudgement" from Alonso but now is a stupid mistake for Hamilton and on top of that deserving an investigation AND a penalty? Lewis have done mistakes this year but i fail to see how this incident deserved a penalty.
I think they both got 20 seconds added.
Hamilton for changing direction twice when defending, something Schumacher did last race a whole lot worse and got no penalty. Figures... He lost points.
Alonso got 20 secs too but lost nothing. A joke really.
joke was what happened last year in Valencia. Fred followed the SC rules and finished 9th. LH deliberately overtook the SC, got a penalty something like 20 laps later and lost nothing.
That's casting it in a rather harsh light – LH deliberately overtook the SC – because he thought he would not be past before the white line beyond which you can no longer overtake the SC.

raymondu999

I think it's fair to point out that again, he can't see his front wing, and so he wouldn't know if he was behind/ahead of the SC line that time. But that's a topic for another day.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

vall

As Jose Morinho said once "Porque? Eu nao sei porque." :lol:

Porque all these things always happen to LH? Eu nao sei porque...

raymondu999

Right. What does Eu nap see porque mean again?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

vall wrote:As Jose Morinho said once "Porque? Eu nao sei porque." :lol:

Porque all these things always happen to LH? Eu nao sei porque...
Yep, Alonso didn't leave his wing behind crashing into the back of LH at Malaysia, and Schumacher hasn't become famous for losing front wings... Wait, no, you're trolling again.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Porque? Eu nao sei Porque

Portuguese :mrgreen:

"Why? I dont know why!"
More could have been done.
David Purley

raymondu999

no español?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

raymondu999 wrote:no español?
Nope Portuguese, as Mourinho is Portuguese. Im half Portuguese myself, the other half being South African(english/dutch descent).

On topic:
Beelsebob

Do you not think Hamilton is having more than his share of incidents this year?
I ask because Most the front runners have kept their noses clean for the majority of races, whereas on quite a few occasions this year Lewis Hamiltons ambition outstripped his considerable talent.

Note that I actually am not lambasting Hamilton, just pointing to what is glaringly obvious to most neutrals.
More could have been done.
David Purley

beelsebob

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Do you not think Hamilton is having more than his share of incidents this year?
Absolutely I do – and in the last few races they've been his fault even
I ask because Most the front runners have kept their noses clean for the majority of races, whereas on quite a few occasions this year Lewis Hamiltons ambition outstripped his considerable talent.
I personally wouldn't describe it like that – the Massa move here and in Monaco could sensibly be described like that. The crash in Spa had nothing to do with ambition – just a lack of talent. I wouldn't call any other crash he's been in this year his fault.

vall

looks like you are not a football fan and missed that "great" moment in football (soccer for our American friends) history earlier this year

Porque? EU NÃO SEI PORQUE? -> Why? I do not know why.

Shrieker

komninosm wrote:
Shrieker wrote:After watching Hamilton's onboard I changed my mind about the penalty handed out to him. If you look carefully, it's clear that Hamilton brakes hard and locks his wheel to actually avoid contact. When you take that into context the penalty handed out to him was a bit too harsh.

And funny that Webber vs. Hamilton last year in the same corner, very similar event; wasn't even investigated.
Really? Wasn't Webber penalised?
raymondu999 wrote:It was investigated, but "No further action" popped it's ugly head up
Sorry my bad, should've said "not penalised".

Talk about double standards...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk