Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

You expect him to go against his own teammate Alonso? The team spearhead? Whom Ferrari invested millions?
Nope, that wouldnt happen. Had Massa reacted like that to a team mate he would indeed be stupid. Makes zero sense.

And seriously, patting a guy on the shoulder you count as revenge? Good job you never raced with Jason Plato, because you would probably have him up in the Hague for crimes against humanity!
More could have been done.
David Purley

ringo

When i said revenge, i was referring to fans who think Massa's behavior was justified in some way.

[...]

this is wrong but at least it's on track in the heat of the moment. Definitely would lead to a race ban today.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JogHiSR5P4[/youtube]

this is ok on track as there is no shoving or smacking. As much as trulli is expressing himself, he does not disrespectfully contact Sutil to start a fight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ_XGdYq ... re=related[/youtube]

this is as far as it should go off track:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfRVctse_KQ[/youtube]

That is my position.
Last edited by Steven on 28 Sep 2011, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to get personal
For Sure!!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Ringo

We will have to disagree. I think you are far too biased in favour of Hamilton for there to be much constructive debate. :(
Sad really as your technical posts are usually exquisite.
More could have been done.
David Purley

beelsebob

Let me just point out Schumacher to Coulthard at Spa 98 to Ringo – Massa isn't the first driver to be pissed off with another and get physical(ish).

Also, lol at Trulli/Sutil there – I missed that race originally – they're as bad as one of our race threads >.>
Last edited by beelsebob on 28 Sep 2011, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

To be fair I don't think they ever got to any fist throwing at Spa 98; though that was mostly because of the McLaren and Ferrari mechanics acting as bouncers
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

volarchico

[...]

I don't think what Massa did was good, but it also wasn't really all that bad. Let them sort it out on the track. Looking through this year's results, it wouldn't surprise me if Massa wasn't driving in F1 for all that much longer anyway.
Last edited by Steven on 28 Sep 2011, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed edited quoted post

PlatinumZealot

Oh the chaos that would ensue if Hamilton dares to hit another driver!
I don't want to see that day... "Burn him at the stake! and chop his head off!"
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kalinka

Sorry guys, but i have post my favourite post-race interview detail.
Montoya vs. Schumacher Imola, 2004 -after Schumi forced Montoya off the track :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqr9U4u2j7w[/youtube]

As far as I remember, there were no huge media hype over it after. No apologies either :)

EDIT : We should close this thread really..I know I'm guilty too :oops:

Ray

ringo wrote: Guy's a chump. After this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaoNMFfFFhs[/youtube]
From you own teammate?
He did nothing, sucked it all in, tail between the legs and swallowed his spit.
And he wants to get physical with a competitor?
Maybe he wanted to keep his drive at Ferrari and publicly fighting between teammates is a no-no in that particular team? You're impossible to reason with because of your irritating bias, but try and separate the two incidents if your brain allows it.

One was a competitor making a mistake, hitting his car causing a puncture and causing him to lose time replacing a tire due to damage that wasn't his fault. Worth fighting over? Worth being belligerent in front of the media and letting Lewis know it wasn't appreciated? I don't know. I'm not privy to what Ferrari require of him to keep his job, neither are you, and a good result may be what he needed. Good being subjective of course, his version of a good result may be different to Alonsos of course. Lewis making a mistake and flattening his tire definitely didn't help his race and I would have been angry too. Not the first time Lewis has hit Massa this year after all.

The other situation was Alonso establishing dominance and maybe Ferrari backed him up in that incident and not Massa. Maybe he didn't say anything publicly because he actually likes driving for Ferrari and would like it to stay that way. Did that ever occur to you? Massa keeps a brave face and tenacity for Ferrari publicly, but does what he's told. Every driver does this, not just Massa.

Lewis is biting his tongue after being a pompous ass and chewing out his mechanics for a mistake, being a pot calling the kettle black in the process, and then goes out making mistakes in the race and having Button both mentally and statistically kicking his ass as of late. Lewis is mentally weak right now and everyone can see it. He hasn't lashed out in the media in the past few weeks but he's not there mentally or Button wouldn't be making him look ordinary when the pressure is on.

Shrieker

@ raymondu999 ,

They do hurt you know...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

Did anybody notice how boring this race was without the Hamilton distractions? There like a 20 lap quietness...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PNSD

n smikle wrote:Did anybody notice how boring this race was without the Hamilton distractions? There like a 20 lap quietness...
No, because it wasn't. [...] I thought the race was quite good. I enjoyed the battle between Alonso and Webber, but I was also watching the battles on live timing between the mid field bunch, which as ever was packed.

Are you serious? Or are you purposely trying to find a positive from Hamiltons race :)?
Last edited by Steven on 15 Oct 2011, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stripped trollbait

raymondu999

Shrieker wrote:@ raymondu999 ,

They do hurt you know...
I beg your pardon? Not sure I understand.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

raymondu999 wrote:
Shrieker wrote:@ raymondu999 ,

They do hurt you know...
I beg your pardon? Not sure I understand.
You have obviously never been hit with a Gucci bag... :lol:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel