Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

Richard

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

PNSD wrote:I thought the race was quite good. I enjoyed the battle between Alonso and Webber, but I was also watching the battles on live timing between the mid field bunch, which as ever was packed.
Yes it was a good race. The mid field was fascinating.

Steven
Owner

Posts discussing Rob Smedley instructing Massa to make it difficult for Hamilton are moved to
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10761&start=75

komninosm

vall wrote:
komninosm wrote:
Poleman wrote:Can anyone confirm if Alonso got a penalty for chopping Hamilton's rear in Malaysia?
It was just a "misjudgement" from Alonso but now is a stupid mistake for Hamilton and on top of that deserving an investigation AND a penalty? Lewis have done mistakes this year but i fail to see how this incident deserved a penalty.
I think they both got 20 seconds added.
Hamilton for changing direction twice when defending, something Schumacher did last race a whole lot worse and got no penalty. Figures... He lost points.
Alonso got 20 secs too but lost nothing. A joke really.
joke was what happened last year in Valencia. Fred followed the SC rules and finished 9th. LH deliberately overtook the SC, got a penalty something like 20 laps later and lost nothing.
The difference is LH was punished inside the race so they had no way of knowing if he could overtake again the cars that passed him or make up lost time. Alonso got an after the race penalty that made no difference.
Also LH barely missed the SC, Alonso (and you and other haters) was just bitter he couldn't realistically try to make it through too.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

komninosm wrote:[Alonso (and you and other haters) was just bitter he couldn't realistically try to make it through too.
:roll:
Oh dear, not this again!
More could have been done.
David Purley

komninosm

Mandrake wrote:
komninosm wrote:
Mandrake wrote: tbh I was concentrating on polishing my car and didn't take too many looks to the screen, I must've missed the interview or at least the critical parts of it. Maybe I shouldn't take Singapore as an example for his maturity then, but everywhere else he admitted his faults which was refreshing to see.

I feel if Hamilton did the same he would get a totally different perception.
When did Schumacher ever admit his faults? When he parked his car on last turn in Monaco or when he crashed into other cars on purpose? Or ever really?

Besides Hamilton said it was his fault last race when he touched Kobayashi so there goes your theory out the window.
Again, confirmation bias.
Being fighty are you? After Schumacher's return to F1 he has accepted blame for almost every incident he was involved where he was actually guilty. Take Silverstone vs Kobayashi for example. He wasn't so in his first career, but now he is. The MSC - Perez incident was not 100% MSC, but more MSC's fault......
No I'm being realistic and pointing flaws in your argument. You're the one being "fighty" whatever that means.
Here's another time Schumacher admits his mistakes... NOT!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqr9U4u2j7w[/youtube]

BTW this is how I think drivers should handle these things. Make a funny sarcastic remark. Even confronting another driver during the race right after he crashes into you is better than disrupting their post-race interview. Massa is inexcusable imo.

I remember how some reacted when Hamilton made that Ali G joke. So much hypocrisy. So much bias here... :(