Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Traction

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

The first sector top speeds...Vettel is about 35 km ph slower than anyone else...how the hell can he still clinch pole? The traction on that RB must be insane and Vettel must keep that thing on the absolute edge to can the lap times he does. :shock:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

raymondu999

1st sector top speed? Huh?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

Yeah ....the clocked speed in the first sector....
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

raymondu999

I'm calling a faulty reading. Vettel was very fast in S1; and most of it is just a big long flat out blast anyways. Besides, where exactly is this phantom speed trap?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Aced

Thanks for the videos ray.

By the way, check it out at Lewis' video at 0:27 he says that his long run pace was very good even though he was running more fuel compared to "some of the others". It seems to me he was just about to say Jenson because obviously he has no idea how much fuel were the others running. Anyway thought it'd be interesting to point it out.
Vettel is about 35 km ph slower than anyone else
35 km/h or 3.5 km/h?

Shrieker

Surely a tortoise could've breezed past him down the straight had he been 35 km/h slower than some of the others at the trap :lol:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Crucial_Xtreme

Anyone have the times from Quali? They're not up on the F1 site & I can't find them anywhere. TIA.

raymondu999

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Anyone have the times from Quali? They're not up on the F1 site & I can't find them anywhere. TIA.
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2011/847/6925/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

raymondu999 wrote:I'm calling a faulty reading. Vettel was very fast in S1; and most of it is just a big long flat out blast anyways. Besides, where exactly is this phantom speed trap?
With the sector times a speed is given aswell....and on the sector speeds I have on my F1 timing on my iPad it shows Vettel topping out at 257 and everyone else at about 285-290...can't believe it so different....has to be some fault on Vettels timing... :?
Sebastian Vettel

Richard

ell66 wrote:btw has anyone seen the latest bbc video interviews? was quite interesting listening to what hamilton had to say about the start, could be interesting lol.
What did he say?

Gerhard Berger

richard_leeds wrote:
ell66 wrote:btw has anyone seen the latest bbc video interviews? was quite interesting listening to what hamilton had to say about the start, could be interesting lol.
What did he say?
basically, that he could have had Vettel last year in the first turn, but he didn't want to risk it and let Vettel have it. However, this time he says that he won't let him by.

raymondu999

Gerhard Berger wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:
What did he say?
basically, that he could have had Vettel last year in the first turn, but he didn't want to risk it and let Vettel have it. However, this time he says that he won't let him by.
Yeap; I posted the video 1 page ago if you're interested.

What's more interesting for me is what he said about the Red Bulls "doing something for the last lap in Q3." He says he hopes it will be gone next year; and he sounds as if he's talking about a system; rather than something switching on mentally in Seb's mind
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

doink

Brundle says on Twitter that the FIA have increased the DRS zone by 75mtrs

lebesset

on the grid button said that hamilton has fitted a higher 7th gear than him to help in qualifying ; he said his own choice was what he preferred for the race
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be