Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
jamsbong

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

Again. Webber is so disappointing. Redbull would be nowhere this year if it was up to Webber to score the championship.

Just_a_fan

Maldonado needs a quiet talking to out back of the garages. The guy is driving like an idiot.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Giblet

jamsbong wrote:Again. Webber is so disappointing. Redbull would be nowhere this year if it was up to Webber to score the championship.
I thought Red Bull screwed up his pitstop this race and pout him out of contention.

But yes, Webber has disappointed this year in comparison to Vettel.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Mr Alcatraz

why did webber put on options?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Giblet

3 stopper.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

FrukostScones

Giblet wrote:
jamsbong wrote:Again. Webber is so disappointing. Redbull would be nowhere this year if it was up to Webber to score the championship.
I thought Red Bull screwed up his pitstop this race and pout him out of contention.

But yes, Webber has disappointed this year in comparison to Vettel.
he did not manage to overtake Button when he was 2sec faster, he did not manage to overtake Massa when he was faster, even with this bad pitstop he was a podium contender... but it is Webber.. he lost his confidence... the Massa of Red Bull he his... shame... because he is fast.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Mr Alcatraz

Dodgy strategy me thinks

Pierce89

Alonso quite impressive to drag the Ferrarri around so effectively. Lewis is thinking "How is that s$%tbox keeping up with my car"
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Mr Alcatraz

Pierce89 wrote:Alonso quite impressive to drag the Ferrarri around so effectively. Lewis is thinking "How is that s$%tbox keeping up with my car"
Yea' babe! [-o<

Giblet

I don't disagree that Webber has disappointed this year, but there was nothing to be done after that screwed up pit stop.

Vasco

Solid drive from Lewis and Fernando....it would have been a mighty battle for the lead had Vettel not had the puncture.

raymondu999

That was Lewis back at his mighty best. Kind of reminded me of Spa last year when nothing could head him. A long overdue (well not too long given that the race has only been around 2 years) Abu Dhabi win
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

Yep, McLaren won't challenge for wins here :oops:

Just_a_fan

Enjoyed that race. Good watching Hamilton and Alonso trading times on Live Timing, especially in traffic.

The backmarkers seemed to be a bit naughty at this race. Maybe it's tricky under the lights to see who is around you.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

raymondu999

beelsebob wrote:Yep, McLaren won't challenge for wins here :oops:
To be fair, we don't know they kind of "did." Vettel might have won it, or it might have still been Hamilton anyways. We don't know
失败者找理由,成功者找方法