Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

wesley123 wrote:Was the first race i saw in like 3 races, made good sleep, but what I saw was Maldonado ignoring Blue flags for a full lap, I heard the BBC commentators say it already was the second time that race. This raises me the question, since it isnt the first race he breaks such rules or causes havoc on purpose on track, what makes the stewards stil lallow him to drive? in my view this guy barely knows the rules. Then later, Bruno Senna holds up someone for 3 turns or so, where he barely could make space, and he gets a drive through penalty, what is the difference between one doing it twice in a race and one who cannot simply make space, safely?
I'm pretty sure that the one that will be investigated after the race will result in another major grid drop. To be honest, I was surprised he didn't get a black flag.

lebesset
lebesset

Traction wrote:Well at least Vettel can't be blamed this time for making the race boring :lol: . Hamilton went out front after been gifted the lead and no one was able to challenge him. Lead from near start to end bar a few laps. Just as well no one was there to challenge him as it probably would have resulted in a crash again and ruined his race.

Webber was seriously pathetic in a car that is a capable of so much more.

Alonso was great in a car that offered little but still kept up with Hamilton for most parts.

Button...oh well....great pit stop positioning.

Happy with Rosberg....
in reality that was a great drive from button ; to finish on the podium with no kers for half the race would have been difficult , but having got it working to have it cutting in an out so he didn't know what braking he would have at the next corner must have been a nightmare ; having said that he wouldn't have been in front of the first 2 anyway
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

ell66
ell66

The lapped cars were dreadfull, both williams's, did you see rubens come up the inside of lewis at the end of the straight? why?? we all know pastor has no brains what so ever.

wesley123
wesley123

Ok so Maldonado got an 30 scond time 'penalty' and Alguersuari got 20 seconds for ignoring the blue flags. As far as I know Alguersuari didnt ignore anything, he was making space as soon as he could. Maldonado on the other hand gets away with this easy penalty, he should have been black flagged. I do not understand why Williams keep him, he is simply not worth the money he brings in. I dont want my brand on a car driven by someone not knowing the rules and driving others off track
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

QLDriver
QLDriver

ell66 wrote:The lapped cars were dreadfull, both williams's, did you see rubens come up the inside of lewis at the end of the straight? why??
Lewis Hamilton wrote:Rubens overtook me with the DRS; there was nothing I could do about that. I came up back alongside him thinking 'dude, I'm in the lead, we're not racing'.

vall
vall

I had to go out a for a while during the race. What did Pastor do?

beelsebob
beelsebob

vall wrote:I had to go out a for a while during the race. What did Pastor do?
He blocked alonso for an entire lap and got a drive through for it, then blocked another car (can't remember who) for a significant time having a fight with algesuari... He eventually got so bollocked over the radio that he drove *off the track* to let the following car past.

donskar
donskar

Great drive by Alonso. Red Bull and Ferrari number two's were disappointing. Can't wait for 20012; this has been a sometimes simply boring season.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

donskar wrote:Great drive by Alonso. Red Bull and Ferrari number two's were disappointing. Can't wait for 20012; this has been a sometimes simply boring season.
You'll have to wait a while...

jamsbong
jamsbong

Thanks Raymond for those post race videos. +1

I didn't watch the rest of the race as it was getting late and after half way, it was clear that Lewis was in control for the win.
It is good to see Lewis overcoming personal issues and finding his winning form again. Although the "what if" questions springs to my mind, I think Vettel would have won it as well...

Congrats again to Lewis, hats off Alonso for always giving his all, also hats off again for Button after much struggle with KERS manage to keep Massa and Webber behind.

MrBlacky
MrBlacky

Look at Whitmarsh.. I like him :lol:

CHT
CHT

RBR does look very ordinary without Vettel around. Wonder if Vettel would have won the race if he didnt have the tyre failure.

jamsbong
jamsbong

CHT wrote:RBR does look very ordinary without Vettel around. Wonder if Vettel would have won the race if he didnt have the tyre failure.
I'm quite sure that Vettel would have made it look easy if he didn't have the puncture.

Usually Webber lost the race quite early from bad starts, inability to care for tires, lack of overtakings, and sometimes unlucky pitstops. As a result, there is no need for him to create fastest laps near the end of the race. So what I don't get is why Webber never get warnings from Christian Horner for putting up fastest laps?